Fg Xr6 Turbo Stall And Keep Shut Off After Tune

mike0819

• Member For: 10y 4m 2d

can some one please help me out, I have an 2010 xr6 turbo auto. recently got it tuned, it also got upgrade injector, herrod pot style air intake, de cat pipe, also I add an turbo smart bov.

the problem occar from day one when I got my car tuned, it drives fine on normal speed, but when ever it has to stop at an light or roundbout, where I need reduce speed, I see the rev will drop below 500 rpm, and the car some time shut it self down, I need put it in p and restart.

it's so annoying, I try to clean my air flow meter and throttle body scencer first, did not help, take it back to my tuner, he can't find out what's wrong with it, I took it to ford, they said I just got to live with it as it;s not there problem after the car has being tuned.

very frastrated now, has any one with an tuned xr6 turbo has the same problem? what could be cause all that? please help me out if any one know, thanks

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 23d

go back to the tuner and demand it to be fixed. I had the same issue with my last car a BA MKII turbo that I got tuned it was idling rough and stalling but my tuner sorted it out took him about 6 hrs but he did it. Dont ask me what he did as I have no idea.

What state are you in?

Edited by gsd112

• Member For: 20y 11m 27d

I had this problem when I bought a FG that had been tuned by a tuner. I think the previous owner sold it because of this issue.

I have solved my problem but its a little hard to explain.

Did you have this problem prior to the tune?.

Did the tuner tune using your virgin Ford tune downloaded from your car, or did he upload an already made up tune.

Check what the OS ID is for your original tune is and for the tuners tune. For eg HAEE5L3.

But ultimately the way Ford tuned the FGs past a certain build date can cause idle issues and more so when tuned from what I have worked out from analysing factory ford tunes using HP Tuner.

Hi thanks for the reply. I never had any problems before the tune. I think it was a load program. As my tuner say every other car has the same program. The idle gets very low to a point the car turn it self off. What can I do to fix this problem? Cause my tuner simple Don. T know what could cause it.

Where are you located??

From my experience it is very important to start off with a virgin Ford tune that was meant for the car and tune from there when these problems arise.

No point trying to fix that tune he put in. At best you can make it better but not fix IMO.

What did he use to tune . SCT or HP tuners.

PM me the tuner if you can.

• Member For: 10y 5m 7d

I had the same problem but mine wasnt from a tune, my battery was almost dead. I changed the battery and cleaned the throttle body and that fixed it for me

dont know if this applies to you but thought id give you my input.

my symptoms were the exact same as you described.

I got a brand new battery, also got the thoittle body cleaned, only thing I suspect now is the bov, it does not seem leaking, but could the bov cause the problem? I also got my spark plug changed by my tuner, gapped at 0.6, could that cause the problem? I don't mind engine stall, but that shut off problem some time really scary, you never know when it's going to happen

I had this problem when I bought a FG that had been tuned by a tuner. I think the previous owner sold it because of this issue.

I have solved my problem but its a little hard to explain.

Did you have this problem prior to the tune?.

Did the tuner tune using your virgin Ford tune downloaded from your car, or did he upload an already made up tune.

Check what the OS ID is for your original tune is and for the tuners tune. For eg HAEE5L3.

But ultimately the way Ford tuned the FGs past a certain build date can cause idle issues and more so when tuned from what I have worked out from analysing factory ford tunes using HP Tuner.

thanks a lot for the reply mate, I stay in auckland nz, I try to sent you pm but won't allow me, my tuner is robin from torque performance. can you please flick him an email robin.vanvelden@honda.co.nz just say mike with the purple xr6 turbo stall problem solution, I got no idea either is robin, the problem just getting worse and worse, it stall to a point I need restart my car every stop light, I took it to ford they got no idea either. if keep doing this, I might have to sell my car too, hope can solve this problem, thank you so much

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 3m 10d

You wouldnt have to sell the car . You could remove the injectors (what brand and size are they ?) and put the stock tune back in and drive normal again until your tuner can find the issue in the tune. Turbotrana has spent a lot of time on a similar issue and may steer your tuner in the right direction .

Where are you located??

From my experience it is very important to start off with a virgin Ford tune that was meant for the car and tune from there when these problems arise.

No point trying to fix that tune he put in. At best you can make it better but not fix IMO.

What did he use to tune . SCT or HP tuners.

PM me the tuner if you can.

thanks a lot for the reply mate, I stay in auckland nz, I try to sent you pm but won't allow me, my tuner is robin from torque performance. can you please flick him an email robin.vanvelden@honda.co.nz just say mike with the purple xr6 turbo stall problem solution, I got no idea either is robin, the problem just getting worse and worse, it stall to a point I need restart my car every stop light, I took it to ford they got no idea either. if keep doing this, I might have to sell my car too, hope can solve this problem, thank you so much

I will email your tuner. I am pretty sure it has nothing to do with mechanical. You could check the alignment of the throttle plate in the throttle body and make sure it shuts nicely. If it doesn't you undo the screws a teeny, realign with the throttle plate shut and do the screws up, but would most likely only contribute to the problem.

IMO it is the way Ford tuned the FGs after a certain build date. BA to BFs are tuned differently and don't have this issue and from what I can see some early FGs.

And you just cant change those few parameters in the later FG tune to say a BF tune paramenters cause I think there are many other paramemters we don't have access to that would need to be changed for this to be effective.

I just tune my own car, so this is my current theory from my analysis. Its really hard to make heads or tails with this Ford tuning stuff cause there is no instruction manual, the tuning program is reverse engineered and flashing changes to see how things react is very time consuming.

Edited by turbotrana