Speedo Not Working?

FiftyOne

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 7m 18d

Good that you fixed it BUT keep in mind if anything similar happens remove the coils and sell them on feebay for any $ you can get. Then go genuine :) nothing beats genuine, fraud spend millions & millions of dollars on R&D so I assume they no what's good and what's sh*t :)

Good that it's fixed though.

Edited by Kosij

• Member For: 15y 6m 27d

Another possibility is that your battery is nearly stuffed or has a poor connection. I have a BF Typhoon, I had a couple of occasions years ago where weird things happened, including speedo & odo not working from startup, but if I stopped and restarted the car would come good again. Even though the battery was capable of starting the car, it's low voltage during start would cause the computers not to boot up properly. New battery and problem fixed. I don't recall this ever causing the boost gauge to stop working, but worth a thought. Easy enough to check the condition of your battery, and definitely time for a new one if it's becoming a bit slow to crank/start.

Good luck with it.

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 8m 27d

Stock OEM typhoon gauge. Battery is approx 3 years old, has more CCA's than the manufacturers spec. It does seem a little hard to crank in the mornings? Today I had to go for the button twice in fact

• Member For: 15y 6m 27d

That sounds about how mine was when it was causing issues. It never left me stranded but a bit slower to start. Another thing that may help but won't fix it is to wait til all the dash warning lights have cycled after turning the ignition on but before hitting the start button. I'm not normally patient like that - just turn the key and go straight for the start.

Relates back to the computers booting up properly, if they are up and running before the starter is engaged, they don't experience the voltage drop during the seemingly more critical boot-up phase.

• 5 years later...
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 8m 27d

Bit of an old thread here but I did find the coils assisted in fixing the issues.   I had also found a ground wire around the front of the bay which wasn't secured correctly, so after cleaning it & torquing it back down all has been well ever since.

• Like 1