6Spd 2Nd Gear

beastrado

• Member For: 15y 1m 10d

Pazzo you may have a stuffed box or maybe one of the derros that did your pre-delivery killed it?

I have a friend who used to work for Mal Wood, he recons the TR6060 is less forgiving of missed shifts than the earlier boxes. IIRC the TR6060 has carbon synchros and the earlier boxes have brass?

I put an N/A BF T56 in my ED years and years ago, used normal Dex III oil, punished the absolute crap out of it (drifting at QR at least once a month for a few years etc) and it was still as quiet and easy to shift when I blew the second motor up as it was when I first put it in.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 16d

Just throwing it out there, but I would put half Automatic Transmission Fluid and half Manual Transmission fluid when I changed oil in my old Eb with a T5.. Definitely cleared the shifts right up! Apparently that's what the would do back in the day with the old Skool manuals also

• Member For: 16y 11m 25d

I have been using this stuff in all my cars for many years...

My BA MK2 Turbo 6 Speed " loves " the stuff... I also use it in my Diffs.

Manual Gearbox and Diff Treatment Nulon G70

Nulon Manual Gearbox and Diff Treatment with PTFE offers maximum lubrication and anti-wear protection to the gear and bearing surfaces of all types of gears (helical, spur and worm drive). Nulon G70 combines a balanced blend of Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) with other extreme pressure and anti-corrosion compounds. Nulon G70 is suitable for use with all synchromesh rings and limited slip differentials.

The PTFE particles in Nulon G70 range from .4 to 40 microns. The smaller particles, when subjected to pressure and temperature, impregnate the friction surfaces thus reducing friction and offering residual lubrication and corrosion resistance even during lay-up periods. The larger PTFE particles circulate with the normal gear lubricant and create a cushion between gear surfaces, dramatically reducing gear pitting. This cushioning effect is important in that it reduces noise caused by minor irregularities of mating surfaces which are responsible for the very common "period noise" experienced in differentials.

Many modern gearboxes suffer from poor gear shifting when the gearbox is cold. As a result a number of manufacturers are recommending a lighter grade of oil, and in some cases automatic transmission fluid. These lighter grade oils provide superior gear changing at the expense of reduced life of gears and bearings, because the lower viscosity oil does not have the degree of EP (extreme pressure) protection. Nulon G70, due to its EP characteristics, will greatly improve protection as well as dramatically improve gear changes.

Note: G70 is suitable for all gearboxes including passenger cars, trucks and industrial gearboxes.

G70 is also compatible with, and suitable for use with, automatic transmission fluid and engine oils, where they are the manufacturer's recommended lubricant for manual gearboxes.

http://www.nulon.com.au/products/Specialty_Products/Manual_Gearbox_and_Diff_Treatment/#.U3qKJdL6uz4

Edited by f-wolf

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 10y 4m 28d

Mine also does it, since 4kms mk2 ute, now has 3500kms and has ripshifter solid mounted and still does it, only when really booting it in first and rip a change at above 5k rpm. Otherwise it's fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member For: 10y 4m 28d

To fix it just don't try and beat the gearbox from 1st to 2nd when going hard, give it a fraction of a second longer just to keep up and it should slip straight in. Gotta love fords...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member For: 12y 2m 10d

Yeah my FG F6 does it also..... Had it since basically new, 300kms on the clock. Its done 25k now and its still the same! I've hammered ford about it and eventually got one of their engineers to drive the car. He said its completely normal. Its really bad when cold and does it occasionally when warm. 2nd is the only problem child though. I've done a fair bit of reading on the US forums as the TR6060 is used in the vetts and chargers etc. They all recommend Redline D4 atf and reckon that it nearly completely eliminates it. I've had ford change the oil twice under warranty so was going to try this next. Anyone else had experience with it?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk