Ba Xr6 Turbo Into Cortina

corty77

• Donating Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 5m 25d

I am using an EMS 8860 ECU on a BA XR6T engine in a XF falcon.

I got Atomic adjustable cam gears and used the standard XF throttle body. As for sensors, mine is pretty basic. To be honest, I dont use any sensors. No fuel pressure sensor, no air/inlet temp sensor, no oil pressure sensor etc etc

• Im the one and only
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 12d

Keep us posted on your build. I love Corty,s. Grew up playing with these cars running cranky 250 xflow motors chopping plenty of V8 Expensive Daewoo and Fords.

What are you doing with the rear end to handle and put power down?

• Member For: 13y 1m 13d

Heya Corty77 sorry for the late reply Im in the same boat as RSWEPN apparently we are only monitoring the absolute essential things we need to and mainly from a bunch of mechanical gauges to let us no oil pressure, trans temp etc. Mechanic said he wasnt gonna even try run the factory sensors sorry man :-/.

• Member For: 11y 10d

All good guys and Thanks for all the info on everyone's behalf. It's definitely answerd the main piece of the puzzle being which ecu to use as in factory stuff or aftermarket and It's going to be aftermarket for sure. The main reasons I asked about sensors is due to do they need to corespond with eachother in any way but by the looks of things according to you RSWEPN and you XRQTER1 it doesn't really matter which is cool. FPV TRANNY this car had a injected turbo 250 in it for close to 10 years ran consistent 10:40 @ 128mph not any sign of blo by, detonation, overheating or nothing. But if I wanted to go further it would have hurt it. As for the ass end it's got 9" will have 31 spline billets with a full spool mini tubbed, its got a 32mm sway bar and puttuing adjustable control arms. As for how it will go hooking up ?? Who knows :) I don't want to go modifying chassis so we will find out once it's all going.

• Like 2

• Member For: 13y 1m 13d

Sounds awesome corty and definitely envious that yours is gonna be on the street as well by the sounds of it. You will have to get some pics up sometime.