360Rwkw And 890Nm G6Et

puck_lindsay

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 28d

The compressor wheels have the tendancy of flying apart at those kind of figures. Chancing a lot of bits flying through the whole system

Only 17 psi as Ralph said and tapering down to 15 to 13. Turbo will be sweet,,

The only thing flying apart will be the tyres.

• Like 1

• Member For: 10y 11m 20d

BenDoCo- cost $500, could've done a turbo side intake cheaper with better performance. Works well for what it is, but wouldn't buy on again.

FiftyOne - thanks for the concern, think the bearings will fail before the compressor wheel though. Hopefully a while before that happens.

Arronm - definitely need wider/stickier rears =P

P91 - not for the moment, if I'm honest current power levels exceed my skill level, working on handling mods and getting some experience. I'm also 20hp off the maximum power recommended for the diff and 250nM more torque than the gearbox is rated to, so if I push the ceiling much further, I will have a huge bill on my hands.

If I have to change turbo, will probably go gtx3576, modest tune with better spool, and start saving for driveshafts and cvs.

• Like 1

• Member For: 11y 1m 28d

P91 - not for the moment, if I'm honest current power levels exceed my skill level, working on handling mods and getting some experience. .

Doesn't stop most people on here!!! Scary how many people just lay down the cash and have 600hp on public roads...
  • Like 1

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 5d

I find 350 rwkw more than adequate for a daily driver. Still plenty quick and driveable.

still chop cars that have more but can't get it to the ground

Lennox - absolutely. Keep seeing guys in crazy utes lose the tail as they try to nail it out of a corner. Although now that I think about it that may have been intentional..

P91 - I know the power bug will rear its head again, but just won't have the funds for turbo+ZF rebuild+driveshafts+CVs+ bigger brakes(stock ones are getting close to their limit+ potentially conrods&pistons. So 480hp is enough for me (for now =P). Still pretty competitive.

Not sure how even 600hp would go on the street, let alone 700! Should have reasonable manners down low though. GT42?

Buf-phoon (nice handle btw) - that's exactly what I'm worries about now. Got some 245 p zeros on the back and it's just lighting them up without gripping if I give it anything more than half throttle. Any recommendations on better tyres?

• Member For: 17y 10m 28d

don't stress too much about that torque number, it is not a representation of engine torque, ask for the derived torque number which will be lower but closer to a correct engine torque

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 5d

P Zeroes are not a bad tyre at also tried Yokohama Advans which weren't too bad until about 20ks

a good all round tyre IMO

Had a set of Maringoni mythos completely delaminate at 15 ks good when new but apparently they went off (aged) in the shed

so yeah I ended up running Falken fk452s a good compromise in all conditions V price

some reading for you

http://www.productreview.com.au/c/tyres.html

• Like 1

don't stress too much about that torque number, it is not a representation of engine torque, ask for the derived torque number which will be lower but closer to a correct engine torque

Ah, so this would constitute "roller torque"? Difference is variations in calculation due to roller size, etc? Had never heard of that before! Thanks, learnt something. Did you used to (/still have) a turbo EL ONE RAT?

P Zeroes are not a bad tyre at also tried Yokohama Advans which weren't too bad until about 20ks

a good all round tyre IMO

Had a set of Maringoni mythos completely delaminate at 15 ks good when new but apparently they went off (aged) in the shed

so yeah I ended up running Falken fk452s a good compromise in all conditions V price

some reading for you

http://www.productreview.com.au/c/tyres.html

Cheers mate, thinking about some new wheels, will try some different tread on them when I get there. Love the 19" luxo rims, but they are a bit skinny and wont clear the brake upgrade I'll eventually need. Unless theres a way you can legally and safely make it a 2 piece, keeping the face and widening/putting some rim on?