Fitting Ba Turbo To G6Et

joebags

• Member For: 10y 4m 1d

Hey guys pretty new on here so any help would be appreciated! ive tried to have a look around but cant seem to find an answer.

I purchased a second hand G6et with 40,000ks on it 6 months ago and im starting to mod.

I already have a stealth black stage 3 plazmaman cooler and a process west 4" race box (still need to buy the battery relocation and the other cooler pipes)

my future plan was to buy: true trac diff

oil line filter kit for turbo

siemens vdo 80lb injectors

3.5" X force exhaust system with 4" dump

was going to get these all fitted by a family friend mechanic then get a tune at Gentech (im in canberra) but the bloke there sayd the FG turbo can only take 320kw max and I could get 300-315 without the exhaust or dump (because they can cause overboost?)

so I was thinking do I just save money and do as he says and see how it is then save up and do a second upgrade and tune, OR just do the exhaust and either buy a BA turbo with port and flapper mod, or a gtx3582r from the start with one tune instead of upgrading turbo later?

and if both those turbos would be a hassle free direct fit and I wouldnt have to change anything else?

any advice on those mods ^ ^ and they way I should go would be appreciated! thanks

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 3m 20d

I did all at once to my fg 6xrt, bf turbo with .7 cover and bigger wheel, cooler, exhaust, injectors surge ect and got my tuner to email me a base tune so that I was able to drive it 500km to him. Do you have the money? Are you going to be content with 320rwkw for a while until you upgrade turbo?

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 10m 24d

Try to steer clear of the ba/bf rear housing

Mod your own housing and use a compressor/core from a ba/bf/fgf6

That's what I did to my g6et and I used a kinugawa billet wheel

Rate the set up very highly

• Member For: 17y 10m 1d

real happy how the wifes G6ET drives with the small turbo in it would only consider getting the gtx version of it rather than going the bigger turbo and taking away some it's low down power, but each to their own

• Like 3

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 10m 24d

Yeah ratter that's how I feel about the bigger turbo. it's great but nothing beats that response. I kinda want to out a billet wheel on the standard one and Chuck it back on

• Member For: 10y 4m 1d
I did all at once to my fg 6xrt, bf turbo with .7 cover and bigger wheel, cooler, exhaust, injectors surge ect and got my tuner to email me a base tune so that I was able to drive it 500km to him. Do you have the money? Are you going to be content with 320rwkw for a while until you upgrade turbo?

I thought I was going to have almost enough money to buy all the parts but I was surprised with not one, but three rego reminders in the mail the other day so there goes 3 grand from the budget so I will probably just keep saving and buy parts along the way I guess!

Try to steer clear of the ba/bf rear housing Mod your own housing and use a compressor/core from a ba/bf/fgf6 That's what I did to my g6et and I used a kinugawa billet wheel Rate the set up very highly

sorry mate I have a decent idea about mechanics in general but I am pretty basic on turbo details.. so your saying that best idea is to use a different turbo and use my current rear housing? I emailed a guy about a gtx3582r and he sayd my stock rear housing would fit straight on, so that's basically my best bet?