Completed Turbo Conversion, Issue With Speed Sensor

blaketaylor

• Member For: 10y 10d

Hi Guys,

I have just finished changing my na ute to turbo.

I removed the old na engine and looms, fuse box, ecu and swaped with turbo stuff. After all that I had my ecu programmed and off I go. The ute is a pretty fast ride now though I do have one issue.

The doner car was 4 speed automatic and so is mine. I have used all the looms from that very same car. I am using my na auto for now, but when connecting the turbo engine loom to my auto I noticed that there are 2 plugs and not 3 as my old motor loom has. My old loom has a black plug, a round clear/white plug and a three pinned plug (which is the speed sensor plug)

I have unrapped the turbo loom and found 2 wires that go to this plug arnt there though there is a grey bridged wire that is.

Without this speed sensor connected my car is in third gear, limp mode, does not shift gears from third and wont rev above 3000rpms. The dash D is also flashing.

My question is do you know how to wire my speed sensor and to where ? Its just 2 wires that are not connected of the three that are meant to be.

Attached is a picture I found on the net of the plug I refur to which is bottom right. The plug has three wires brown, purple/white, grey (which is connected. but the picture shows a reverse sensor which my box does not have.and other plugs which mine dosent need.

My ute is ford xr6 2002 ba with a 2005 xr6t motor.

post-78029-0-92847800-1397362039_thumb.j

Edited by blaketaylor

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 30d

I'll need to look into it in detail but off the top of my head you'd need to install the sensor wiring in the turbo loom and then get your tuner to enable the vss speed input and setup the rev/km correctly so the speedo reads true.

• Member For: 10y 10d

Sounds pretty easy. I will run the two remaining wires through the loom. I have no clue where to connect these 2 wires though. I assume they need to go to the ecu ?

Again any other info would help a lot.

I cant seem to find anything about doing this.

Regards

Blake