Stripes. Gets Dowen'd

.Stripes.

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 16d

Yesterday I took delivery of my brand new GT335. Car had 25kms on it when I drove it off the forecourt. Winter white, manual with black stripes and darkest l legal tinting thrown in. Interesting thing to note is that the car didn't actually turn up from the factory with the stripes on it, so the dealer organised for some to be put on. Now part of my job at work is peer review and so I notice the finer details in things. I noticed two differences with my stripes compared to what comes out of the factory:

1- the hockey stripes follow the crease in the doors and therefore sit lower down at the back, rather than sitting a constant height above the crease.

2- the "BOSS 335" part of the decal is the wrong font.

This is merely an observation, as I actually think I prefer it the way the stripes sit on the side is on mine. But I'm not sure about the font of the "BOSS 335" bit...What's everybody else think? Would something like this potentially affect resale down the track? Feel free to be honest people, you're not going to ruin the love I have for my new car :)

First impressions, coming from an FG XR6T, are my God these things are smooth! The whole package just feels so refined and effortless. I couldn't believe how light the clutch is compared to the Mal Wood option 3+ in my XR6T. Granted, the GT doesn't give you that same torque kick you get from the turbo but I definitely prefer the throttle modulation of the GT and the way it just keeps pulling. These Miami engines really are a masterpiece! Bravo FPV, bravo :)

vu9y7ydy.jpg

meqypamy.jpg

• Like 3

As a comparison, here are some photos showing the differences between the two:

Mine:

aza3u6az.jpg

5u6yvy7y.jpg

Factory:

utera5yr.jpg

havamu2a.jpg

• Like 1

A man of many words, as always, Aaron.

So that's one vote for going back and getting up the dealer about getting a genuine sticker pack...

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 7d

dowen, congratulations on the new GT mate. You have just bought one of the last true GTs this country will ever see. Looks awesome in white, but I am biased there :spoton:

No offense mate but if I bought a new genuine GT with genuine factory GT stripes, I would have not accepted it with an eBay sticker pack.

I too am a stickler for details and that's the first thing I noticed looking at your pictures, those stripes don't look quiet rights.

• Like 2

• Member For: 11y 10m 2d

Nice Car. Me I prefer to have no Stripes just a clean one colour car I'm more Go than show rather let that big V8 do the talking.

I guess you would expect to get Genuine stripes especially when buying an FPV if you asked for it,

I guess the cost of Genuine ones may have been too much compared to Ebay ones, maybe they weren't aware

the replicas are different.

Edited by Z2TT

Yeah the worst part for me was that when I pointed out to the salesman I thought they weren't exactly right he said he hasn't noticed :/ when I signed the contract for the car he said it was coming with the stripes on it, but then it turned up without. In hindsight I should have insisted at the time that they put genuine stripes on...I guess I just assumed that's what would have been done...

I think I'll give the dealer a call tomorrow and tell him I'm not happy with them and that given it was part of my contract that it was coming from the factory with the stripes and I was therefore under the impression I was getting genuine stripes put on that I only think it's fair that they get me a set of genuine FPV stripes.

And then the Ming mole walked past when I was asking about who they used to do the stripes and she got all cocky about using a different person to who the salesman originally mentioned. That bítch rubbed me the wrong way from the start though, right back when I ordered the car.

• Im the one and only
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 22d

Nice car and colour mate.

As for the stripes, I would insist they have factory fitted stripes. These things will stop being produced and may affect resale later down the track.

• Like 1

Haha that's not my driveway Angel! That's another members car from AFF, I was using his car as an example of factory stripes compared to mine.