BenDoCo

V8 Super Cars & Supporting Catagory

We're up to Race 9 of the 2014 V8 Super Car series today (Winton) so I think it's time to start a descussion about not only the 'main game' but also the supporting catagory - currently named the Dunlop Series.

With Ford, Holden, Merc, Nissan and Volvo vehicles entered into this years season, it is fantastic to see different drivers AND different car brands standing on the podium and in some ways, slowing down the Red Bull guys but how long will that last?

I love how 'money talks' and Russell Ingall came out of retirement.........lol............what, an hours worth of retirement..........he didn't even get to put his feet up before signing on the dotted line and he's in trouble again with the race officials after racing finished yesterday.

Russell Ingall is being investigated by CAMS stewards for his post-race comments following race one at the Winton 400.

A furious Ingall criticised the decision by CAMS officials to hand out a drive-through penalty at a stage when he was charging through the field in the first of two races on Saturday.

Ingall was interviewed on television and by the attending media following the race. CAMS officials will investigate his comments from those interviews.

Read more

And of cause, what about them Grid Girls aye.........

RRbDgRZ.jpg

now she has seen how good team Volvo are she wants in. In saying that I would to after spending that much money 30-40mil into AMG.

GO TEAM VOLVO!!

Don't care what cars she has in the garage

The important thing for me is that she 'has' a garage..

I wouldn't look twice to think she was a V8 supercar owner. Take not rich aussie buy a v8 team. Hint Hint Mr Fox. I can see his on the back "you're passing another Fox" lol Team Hyundia

Maybe 1 day the v8 supercars will include Hyundia but when that day comes, if they try to exclude Great Wall(s), well,,,,,,,,,,,then you'll 'ave some 'splaining to do Lucy.

How good was it to see the young guns win some races!

Firstly Scottys maiden win in the Volvo and in the first year back! And young Chaz doing it for FPR

100% agree. Die hard Ford fan but don't mind seeing scotty win for GRM. I think Scotty will be the next lowndes. Only 20 years old and already winning races in a manufacturers debut season!

Totally agree and hopefully it won't go to his head like it has for a few others

Make sure he gets taught proper techniques when it comes to PR please Mr Rogers

So I joined Twit the other day (first step in stalking Miranda -- hehe) and Scotty posted this link

Good marketing Volvo and GRM

Good weekend so far up at Hidden Valley. The Volvos doing alright, just those damn Red Bulls need to be pushed aside

All I can say is I'm glad TCM and the utes raced today. The V8SC format of two shi.t.t.y sprint races doesn't work for this track....Two very boring races

At least the new CEO isn't just sitting on his hands........

V8 Supercars CEO James Warburton is formulating a white paper on what the next generation V8 Supercar might look like and what form the Championship could take.

Warburton is researching how the automotive landscape will change once Ford, Expensive Daewoo and Toyota cease local car manufacturing. He will present his initial findings to the V8 Supercars Board in the coming months.

As part of his investigation, Warburton is meeting with car makers already involved in the Championship and others who are not.

Warburton has made it clear he has an open mind on what the future potentially holds for the V8 Supercars Championship, declaring “there are no sacred cows”.

Full Story:

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/championship/2017-v8-supercar-taking-shape

yeah cant wait for v6 supercars. changing to anything other than a v8 would be silly. As long as the doors open and close and the lights are real I don't care what they do.

What really annoys me is all this green technology and remaining relative to the changing end user demographic sh*te. Its motor sport! Let us be! Example: F1, they should be ethanol slurping turbo v10 monsters by now, but they are effectively an ecoboost prius that sound like sh*te. Why..?

Edited by barnz

Maybe volkskoda could get involved then?

That focus on developing new technology used to be on cutting edge performance, now its compromised. IMO

Mate I have to disagree. I'm not a big F1 fan. So maybe someone of my vintage and an enthusiast can elaborate more. But in my life time there have been several mandatory changes and in those about three engine changes. I'm sure they have had small engines before.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formula_One_engines

Some great info and reading in all the tabs.

There have been a pretty large variety of engines used in formula 1, even cars with 6 wheels. But size and configurations is not really what im getting at. Its this focus on being green and economical all of a sudden which sorta started when they dropped the v10.

Fact is formula 1 is losing its charm and so will v8 supercars if it goes down a similar path. I've grown up with v8 supercars quite literally as the category formed when I was a child, I do remember the last of the atcc days, I remember brock doing what looked to be a very handy qualifying lap of Bathurst in his bombodore and then getting his ass handed to him by skaife in a gtr.

I've already accepted that one day soon we will all be driving boring ass hybrids and that the days of selling performance cars to the masses are over. I dont see why motor sport has to go this way.

The current COTF formula is perfect and basically allows any manufacturer to get involved. The v8 in the Nissan is from a patrol and Im not sure where the volvos get theirs but neither of those cars are available with a v8. So whats the big deal? Nobody will be driving v8 street cars soon enough, so that means we cant have them in race cars? Nascar is a bad example coz its gay, but it works. Race on Sunday sell on Monday as they say. I dont think they will be changing to 6cyl or diesel any time soon...they only stopped using carbies in 2012 lol. The v8 supercar formula is similar but has better technology, tracks with right hand corners and cars that look almost exactly like their road going counter parts to anybody without a measuring tape.

Sorry bout the rant mate, Im not at all against change, just the direction in which it seems to be heading.

Mate I'm optimistic. The death of the car as an enjoyable entity has been around for ages. But whilst there are people with passion and money in their pockets. The manufactures will make great cars.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/O3rpmctmC_M?feature=oembed

Watch this it will make you smile.

Found this on the Red Bull website......quite a good read

http://m.redbullracingaustralia.com/news/behind-the-scenes-with-the-rbra-mechanics

Sorry but it's the mobile website version so if ya on the desktop just remove the - m. - and it should be fine me finks