Fg Mk2 Gt Rspec Owners...can I Ask You A Favour?

.Stripes.

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 4d

Just wondering if there's any owners of FG MK2 GT Rspec's out there that would be potentially willing to do me a favour? I like the looks of the gloss black ICC surround and centre console in the GT's a lot more than the silver that comes standard...but I believe Ford will only sell you the parts if you have that particular part on your car (I.e. they need your VIN number and will check the parts that come on that car). I'm wondering if there's anyone willing to call up a Ford dealer and get a quote for the ICC surround, centre console and cup holder, dash inserts, front door inserts and rear airconditioning vent surround (in the back of the centre console)?

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 24d

Also try over on AFF if you haven't already. I know in the WA spotted thread there's a bloke who owns one. I've seen his car around and posted about it in there.

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 4d

Cheers for the reply Angel, but with the GT there's also the starter button surround where the tissue box holder/single din storage space is.

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 27d

As mentioned before the G6ET and XR50 models also have the piano black as well, except for the FPV tissue box cover section.

Make sure you are sitting down when you call spare parts and they give you the total for all the parts that are needed to convert to a piano black center console :spoton:

The parts you need are:

- ICC screen surround

- ICC center section

- Silver ICC buttons

- Tissue holder or in your case the tissue holder cover with FPV build number and starter button

- Center console cover

- Center console rear cover (around rear vents)

The other option is, you can pull it all apart and take the parts to a painter and have them painted in a gloss black finish for about a third of the price. Or get good second hand parts from wrecks and once you have all the bits get them painted, so you have the piano black and all your original parts should you ever decide to swap it back.

I am in the process of collecting all the bits and will get them painted once I have everything.

• Like 1