Cams In The 5.0L

bradles024

• billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 10m 28d

I get that they probably don't need them power wise, but it would be nice to get them sounding a bit better. Bit like cams in the 5.4, they dont seem to make much power but f*ck they sound good.

you should hear my mates BA,

only got 270rwkw but f*ck its the most mean sounding car, especially cold! He gets asked by blokes with old school v8s to go on cruises cause they love it so much

• Like 1

• billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 10m 28d

Got a video mate? And do you know what cams they are?

I'll find out and let you know :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 9m 29d

It seems every owner wants cams (or ecu lumpy idle) me included.

Maybe if everyone hits up their tuners about what can be done, we could drive abit of interest into the subject. And get someone of their bum to find a sollution.

I get the impression that most tuners out there are only interested in fitting their intercoolers and fuel systems to boost the power up and they believe that people wont pay for the cammed idle if there isnt a big power increase.

I for one would be happy to pay up to 5 grand for that sound as long as there is no power drop I dont even care about a power increase.

In my eyes a blown v8 with 550+rwhp car should sound like its off its head!

I'm considering an ecu change to something that can control both inlet and exhaust timing, I'm yet to talk to a tuner about it though

Edited by xrt
  • Like 2

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 9m 24d

Agree cams made the old carb eights sound impressive at idle , but were a absolute pig sitter at the lights and boy did it love to drink ... We all want the boost of the F6 or 335 GT , however both cars , mostly the F6 , lack exhaust note...

What I would love , is to retain the characteristics of either F6 or 335 GT , but the bark of the V12 Aston Martin .. The sound from idle is to die for....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...