Rvo Automatics Feedback?

thegeneral1989

• Member For: 11y 2m 14d

Dave talks the talk but his boxes are crap he lied to and stuffed around a friend of mine around to no end. He has blown 3 rvo autos with about 330rwkw one after the other he has the 4th in the car now but he went back to a standard converter and tends to not drive it to hard now. After seeing everything he went through and after speaking to alot of other reputable trans places and tuners I put a th400 in mine as I was left with no confidence in the btr.

• Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 2m 20d

Kosij did you ever use any s/h autos as well or were they all built autos ?

Yep he ran plently of second hand RVO units - he paid for rebuilt jobs but that's not what he got.....

• Member For: 10y 1m 18d

Dave talks the talk but his boxes are crap he lied to and stuffed around a friend of mine around to no end. He has blown 3 rvo autos with about 330rwkw one after the other he has the 4th in the car now but he went back to a standard converter and tends to not drive it to hard now. After seeing everything he went through and after speaking to alot of other reputable trans places and tuners I put a th400 in mine as I was left with no confidence in the btr.

Sweet as that sounds like the go, watd the th400 cost u and who built it for ya? Also u must be making quite big power to want to get a th400 installed, wats your car making?? Cheers

• Member For: 11y 2m 14d

Sweet as that sounds like the go, watd the th400 cost u and who built it for ya? Also u must be making quite big power to want to get a th400 installed, wats your car making?? Cheers

All up everything to do the conversion cost me about $7000. I fitted everything myself so that doesn't include labour.

I bought the TH400 with a torque power bell housing & a TCE converter from ALS RACE GLIDES.

The shifter, cooler, temp gauge, lines & fittings, mount and driveshaft I got here or there.

It's still an unopened BA I so I only had it tuned to 340rwkw even then I run a few psi less just to stay on the safe side.

Everything on the car is overkill at this stage the auto especially the bottom end is now last on the list.

There are people running BTR's with more power than mine will ever make how long they last I don't know.

They're less refined but a well built C4/C10, TH400 or Power glide will handle a fair bit of power if u can live with them.

• Like 1

• 6 years later...
  • Member For: 3y 9m 26d

I have a RVO built BTR in my 430rwkw XR6 Turbo it’s amazing - best auto I’ve ever had full stop , had it professionally fitted and tuned by RVO been in it 3 years . I also have a mate with 550rwkw through his BTR 
I’m I was recommended by nilly every performance Ford tuning shops in Melbourne / Australia 

Professionally fitted is the key 

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 16d

Cant say I had the same positive experience, bought one of their Ebay specials, had it fitted and it failed immediately. The converter blew up and destroyed the box. Looked like some junker na 6 cylinder torque converter, not a V8 or turbo converter. Took a lot of effort to get a refund, but a refund came nevertheless. End up buying a built trans from Automac Transmissions in Myaree, cryod gearset and shafts, billet servo, valve body mods etc. Good for over 400rwkw.