Generic And Injectors Question

ricky

• Member For: 10y 1m 12d

Hay all

I'm getting an ecu with 3 genetic tunes to get me going until proper tune and other mods. I'm gonna get a couple quick power runs to check the tunes before any hard acceleration. By the time the ecu will arrive I'll have full exhaust intercooler and 60lb injectors. Will the injectors be an issue with the generic tunes? Cause I've been doing abit off reading and some 60lb injectors flow more than the label. Example one brand said 60lb but in the instrustions they actually flow 63.7lb. So I just wanted to clear up wat I tell my generic tuner? As they sell ecu with injector package but the price is abit rich so gonna buy my own injectors.

Cheers

Edited by Dagabond

• Member For: 11y 2m 28d

Hey Ricky

Some advise mate.

Generic tunes some are ok and some are ... Let's just say it may end up costing you a rebuild in the motor department

Do it once and do it right from the start bud it wil save the head f**k later on down the track .

Get all you gear you want to put on your car get it installed then get a proper tune for your car at least you will know that

Tune is yours not some massed produced "generic" tune and it will save you in the $$ department little bit by little bit starts

Adding up quickly ..

Cheers!!

• Like 2

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 9d

Is the generic tune from these guys lol

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FORD-FLASH-TUNER-X3-60-lb-INJECTORS-XR6-Turbo-F6-/181298727245?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a363f094d&_uhb=1

Spend some time and research generic tunes and intune and you'll understand why to stay away, especially if they're going to try give you a tune for some random injectors..

• Member For: 11y 2d

After what these guys have been saying, and if you still are going to get a generic tune, you need to make sure you get the injectors with the tune, or leave the standard ones in. Injectors scale differently.

Say your standard ones are idling and opening at 10%. That 10% on a bigger injector will flood the car and it probably won't run.

Best off getting all your stuff, booking into a dyno tune, install it all the week leading up to it (don't drive it) and then put it on a trailer/truck to get it there.

• Member For: 18y 5m 6d

If you are after a SCT unit with reliable start up tune and high quality injectors to suit please pm me.

We have been supplying this package for over 10 years.