Beau's Fg Mk2 Xr6T Ute

• Member For: 10y 4m 27d

Don't hold back mate........... its good to see. The mod bug must have lockjaw on you.

Car looks sweet

Haha yeh I think it must, thanks mate

Couple more pics to show wheels better. Cars booked in for suspension on Thursday so I'll throw some picks up after that as well.

post-75001-139328290482_thumb.jpg

post-75001-139328292231_thumb.jpg

UPDATE

Ok so got my car back from Heasman suspension and steering last night.

They installed my xyz coilovers

Custom built bilstein shocks for the rear

With solid steel spacers

Custom reset the leafs

Drilled and spaces the front for camber

Aligned everything

Feels like a different car, as soon as I got in everything felt so much sharper. I thought the handling was good out of the showroom but now think it felt like a boat haha.

The only issue now is the xyz's are having trouble keeping up with the rear end setup! For all those complaining about grip look at your suspension setup! Might have to upgrade to some front bilstein coilovers in the future. In saying that that's purely on track, for street use it's all fine. So for now absolutely stoked with the difference.

Here's some picks of the car getting set up at heasmans. I'll get some good photos up as soon as there is a break in the weather.

upymynu7.jpg

ahy6ybyh.jpg

pyqetany.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey mate.

Where about in Sydney?

Cars looking awesome man.

Loving the rims

Hi mate. Thanks spent hours trying to choose what to put on and offsets and stuff haha.

Northern beaches wbu?

• 1 month later...

So bit of an update. Done afew little bits and pieces.

Firstly put in my ripshifter, here's a little photo instruction sequence incase anyone is installing one.

eranyjam.jpg

a6u3epu2.jpg

4y3a5etu.jpg

urevyger.jpg

uru4azyt.jpg

a3upa3e5.jpg

4e9aheby.jpg

e8aqarur.jpg

su3yzage.jpg

y9evyqar.jpg

This is where I got too. Until I went to put the stock gear stick back on and realized the holes that are in the ripshifter are threaded so the bolts that are attached to the gear stick wouldn't fit.

Quick fix- ended up pulling apart the stock shifter and bolting the rod upside down onto the shifter so I could at least drive

buzy4eqy.jpg

To solve the problem I ended up ordering a hurst 5" short gearstick to solid mount to the shifter and a TWM A6 leopard gear knob from the states.

So I installed them as soon as they arrived.

y7yna9u9.jpg

etyqe4em.jpg

As you can see the stick is very short, the gear knob allows me to set it to whatever height I want, so I set it near the top so it wasn't down below the console but still gave me a super short throw.

dyju4epe.jpg

huqataze.jpg

hajesy8e.jpg

e2e4uped.jpg

The solid mounted ripshifter made an insane difference, you can actually feel the gearbox now with zero movement or sloppiness. The only downside it that it transfers quite a lot of noise through from the gearbox and transmission which I don't care about but I can see how some people would.

Also shifts so much faster, chirps 2,3&4

Secondly removed the tailgate badges and the side badges. Was super easy, just used a length of 20lb braid fishing line and slid it behind the badges. They basically fell of and then just rubbed whatever glue remained off with my finger.

dyna6a7u.jpg

gadu3ezy.jpg

9avapyhu.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/05/hamyhe6a.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/05/hu4y7ana.jpg

Thirdly wrapped roof and bonnet trim. Didn't get any pics of wrapping purely because I was stressing out so hard the whole time didn't even think of it. Wrapping the roof was one of the harder things I've done, just trying to get over and right around the antenna was a nightmare. But got there in the end and I'm happy with the result.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/05/dysy8yre.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/05/ujybave7.jpg

Next purchase is intercooler so that will be up soon!

• Like 2

• PC LOAD LETTER
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 6m 1d

Very nice looking ute mate ! Why did you decide to de-badge it, more of a clean look?

How are you finding the coil overs in the front? Are they a bit harsh in ride comfort or haven't noticed much change?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 27d

Very nice car mate!

Get some 5mm rubber from Clarke rubber ($2). Put it between the shortshifter and your new stick with some holes for the screws. Will eliminate the noise transfer.

Have a look at your stock shifter- the adaptor block is made from a very hard rubber to decouple noise.

Very nice looking ute mate ! Why did you decide to de-badge it, more of a clean look?

How are you finding the coil overs in the front? Are they a bit harsh in ride comfort or haven't noticed much change?

Hi mate, thanks. Well everybody's different but for me I hated the side badges, I thought they just looked like they were hovering in the middle of nowhere and without them it shows the lines off better. And the tailgate badge I removed cause I like the clean look and to keep all the fools guessing haha.

My whole suspension set up made a massive massive difference, they feel like a boat stock and with the right set up you can improve the handling dramatically. The front coils are a lot firmer than stock and you do notice it on the road but I love it, I like my cars to feel real tight, the ride doesn't bother me as long as it handles like a go kart! Haha