Hta3586 / 3794

MA91CK

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 12d

The HTA's are hard to get, have to import from the states....that's the only downside and why they haven't been popular. Mummba's mate had one and knows these turbos well!

• billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 10m 29d

The HTA's are hard to get, have to import from the states....that's the only downside and why they haven't been popular. Mummba's mate had one and knows these turbos well!

Yeh that is true, which is why have been in contact with forced performance in regards to importing these turbos if the demand is high enough ;) people are asking stupid amounts of money for them over here, like 3k+

They seem to have a good wrap on all skyline and 4 cyclinder forums apart from the earlier ones which seemed to use inferior bearings, hence why they failed. They use better bearings and cages now whioch should help with reliability. On a big 4L like ours, I can see why these things wouldnt haul arse. They have been desiged pureply for performance, and Im pretty sure I read a post where the 3794 is equal too or marginally laggier than the stock 3540, obviously with far greater power potential and that pant-wetting spool

• Donating Members

Probelm is, its going on a BA. Im selling my fg to get a house, but still wana play with a car. I found a BA that perfect, already has a GTX, valve springs, fuel pump, injectors, bushes struts sway bars everything, only running 290rwkw. IF I got the 3794, I may aswell start saving for a built engine haha. This is why im tossing up what to get. But if I do get a HTA, and im pretty sure I will, ill be sure to put videos up for you lot. And if anyone wants a HTA or wants to spec their turbos upto one of the HTA turbos, Forced Performance do an upgrade just like MTA or GTX, wehere they take your turbo and change front covers/wheels all the good stuff for around $1100 I believe. I can sort this out for you once ive got the go ahead for import export with FP

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 12d

The HTA's use Garrett cores. The 3794 will require machining of the exhaust housing to get it to fit. A HTA3586r would be a better choice for a BA....or even a HTA3582r if you want balls down low.

• Member For: 14y 10m 10d

I emailed Forced Performance in September last year. The response I got is that they use the standard GT CHRA's so that means no GTX bearings. That said, they did advise they can build the turbo with the metal bearing retainers if you like. Perhaps things have changed since my email.

I also queried the lag between the HTA3582 and HTA3586 and the response I got was 500 rpm - but depends heavily on the setup.

The Skylines Australia forum has a fairly long thread on HTA turbo's. I did note that one of the posters had changed from a Garrett GT3582 to a HTA3586 on his Skyline and found the HTA spooled faster. With that in mind, perhaps the HTA3582 might be around the GTX3576 in terms of spool with more balls up top.

• Like 1

• Donating Members

I emailed Forced Performance in September last year. The response I got is that they use the standard GT CHRA's so that means no GTX bearings. That said, they did advise they can build the turbo with the metal bearing retainers if you like. Perhaps things have changed since my email.

I also queried the lag between the HTA3582 and HTA3586 and the response I got was 500 rpm - but depends heavily on the setup.

The Skylines Australia forum has a fairly long thread on HTA turbo's. I did note that one of the posters had changed from a Garrett GT3582 to a HTA3586 on his Skyline and found the HTA spooled faster. With that in mind, perhaps the HTA3582 might be around the GTX3576 in terms of spool with more balls up top.

exactly what I was reading juggernaut. Thjey were saying that difference in spool was on an SR20, so should be significantly less on a 4.0L and of course setup. I do believe you still have to specify you want the metal retainers. If that's the case, I dont know why people are running GTX's so much. The 3586 would ahve to be on par, it would spool faster, and it sounds better! I guess alot of people just go with what their tuner says, which is fair enough. Plus the hassle of getting them. Hence why im trying to work out an import deal, if I could farking get in contact with them.

• Member For: 14y 10m 10d

In relation to the spool difference I did specify that it was the 4 litre Falcon motor. Nevertheless, I think 500rpm would be in the upper limit in the difference between the two. However, the Falcon does run a larger ex a/r compared to what a SR20 uses (I also run a 290rwks SR20 in my s15).

For me I was more keen on the HTA3582 as my G6ET is my daily with my s15 as my fun car.

The HTA3586 would be awesome, especially on E85 - but more sh*t would break.

Edited by juggernaut
  • Like 1