Rabs Jtg Lpg Fg 320+Rwkw Diary

Rab

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 2m

Few more sleeps till I get to fang round Sandown

Dragged a mate to the Falcon Legacy day (he sold his XR8 for a ghey SAAB convertible) and told him of the track day.

Will now have me, a mate in a Clubby 307??, son in a Maloo 317?? and mate in a ghey SAAB doing laps round there together :D

Am tipping that he'll be the least embarrassed at the end of the day when we all get overtaken round the outside by friggin Camry's

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 6m 3d

Install RaceChrono or Harry's Lap Timer on your phone so you can gauge your improvement over the day. They both have most tracks pre loaded so all you need to do is select the track, start the timer and drive. Will show you sector times, top speed, average speed and all that good stuff. It's not an official time but it's still good to see a rough estimate. Have fun mate!

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team

Should be fine, don't think the pads will be getting too hard a workout.

Mostly cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of showers. The chance of hail and thunder. Winds westerly 20 to 30 km/h turning south to southwesterly 25 to 40 km/h during the morning.

Hopefully no "heroes" out there tomorrow.

Have got Harry's installed.

Edited by Rab
  • Like 2

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team

Fark'n fantastic day.

Weather was absolutely atrocious, but we all had an absolute ball. Have definitely gotten the others hooked and we can't wait to do it again (in the dry).

No damage to any of our group (4 cars) but 1 liked going off road - think there was 1 corner he didn't overshoot, maybe 2.

Couple of other cars had run ins with the equipment :(

Highly recommend giving it a whirl.

We were all total noobs, but none of us were embarrassed - we passed people, people passed us.

Ended up being me, step son in R8 Maloo, mate in a SAAB convertable (yes - we laugh at him) and a last minute ring in in his mother in-laws Honda Accord (Clubsport had to bail last night)

Given the weather we were all pretty even (think my best lap was a couple of seconds better than the SAABs best, then the Maloo, then the Honda - but the drier the track got the bigger the differences got) - was a good 10 seconds difference between a "really wet" track and a "not so wet track". Can't wait to try a dry track. Never got dry enough to WOT at any stage in the 2 powerful cars - the SAAB and the Honda had a much easier time with the right foot and much less weight to toss round the corners.

Couple of nuffies for the day - a AWD Alfa that decided to race everyone in every corner instead of waiting til he was let through (he got told by us to pull his head in and ended up leaving early); an XF ute that was slower than everyone else, sideways around every corner (not on purpose) but didn't think to let the quicker cars through at any stage and a BA FPV ute that was a slow as all fark round the corners (holding up even the weakest car) then flat to the floor down the straight (only "safe" place to overtake).

My best for the day was 1:53 with consistent 1:54's when the weather permitted - 2:04's at it's worst. After the 1st 2 sessions I was hoping to get under the 2 minutes - a bit less rain and it was easy.

Car ran perfect all day - brakes didn't get a workout (in the wet) but was the only car of the 4 that didn't have to let them cool or notice any brake loss.

Wipers got more of a workout than the brakes did.

Can guarantee though - I was the fastest car on the track running LPG ;)

• Like 3

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team

Made us all want to do it again in the dry - was a good intro for us all.

If it was a dry day then our little mishaps would have been at a far higher speed and we wouldn't have all been as even.

One of the SAAB's 4wd teks:

• Like 2

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
On 10/18/2016 at 9:38 PM, Rab said:

Dragged a mate to the Falcon Legacy day (he sold his XR8 for a ghey SAAB convertible)

Dragged him to the Sandown track day

He posted on FB in one of the car pages last night:

"Anyone selling an XR6 Turbo?"

My job is done

• Like 5