New Shape

Essgee

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m

Unfortunately had a call from dealership today explaining they cannot supply my order as originally indicated (by June 30) reason given was parts shortage blah blah for builds of complete FG range & Territory. All indications are for an August / Sept delivery 'maybe' . Also withdrew my agreed trade in valuation which I can understand I guess.

I'm pretty black and white on this kind of stuff. I've always been of the opinion that Ford are failing because people don't buy the product. Now thinking, dont or can't. 5 years ago when I placed deposit for the XRT I have now, dealer couldn't supply the vehicle with specs I was after (colour) so gave my deposit back for me to shop elsewhere. How hard is it honestly.

Just scratch my head honestly.

• Like 2

• Member For: 9y 9m 28d

Essgee, I signed a contract late April for a fg II kinetic with luxury pack. At the time they told me June build and June delivery. Now they tell me July delivery. I though that they were holding it back to miss the 3 years free servicing on cars delivered by 30th June.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m

You might want to quizz them a little harder for delivery date. I called around a few other dealers and got same feedback - earliest delivery would be August so no point me starting with new order elsewhere, they all come from same factory. They also saying, while new shape is expected to be last quarter of 2014, realistic deliveries would be March / April 2015.

At this point am happy to sit tight and wait, not that I have a choice if I want new.

I ordered 'Vanish' with luxury pack.

What area did you purchase in Training Wheels? I am Sydney (Hawkesbury)

Edited by Essgee

August, whaaat! That's crazy, but not much you can really do other then wait it out. I'm in Brisbane . Can't say I've seen one in vanish before. I kinda like emperor that would be my second choice.

• Like 1

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 9d

They've screwed all their Aus suppliers out of business and now cant get the parts....is how I read it.

must be Tony Rabbits fault

I know this is a bit random, but does the fg mkII xr6t ute have a fixing point behind the passenger seat for a child seat. My triton does but didn't check it out on the ford. Worst family car ever right. Ha ha would be handy though. Cheers