Too Much Boost For A Stock Standard Xr6T

mickeyp89

• Member For: 10y 2m 30d

hey guys just bought an xr6 turbo BA which I always wantd 1 so now I got I. I went over it meticulously BUT when I test drove it, I didn't put my foot flat and hold it there. I ended up buying it for $8000 when I got it home I took it to where I take all my cars when I buy them and let loose. Well it surprised the ++++ out of me. Now I do not think this is completely stock I am worried that he has installed a boost controller sumwhere and wound up the boost. on a standard engine I know that cant be good. now I am still new to the xr6t so my question is where do I start looking for a boost controller or is there another way he could of boosted it? or maybe its just stock and I cant handle it but something seems off. cheers

• Im the one and only
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 18d

Its not an R33 skyline.You just cant wack a boost controller on it. Most likley if its not stock then it may be flash tuned. I would take it to a dyno and run it up to check boost,AFR and power. A stock BA is usually good for around 185rwkw stock and is a pretty underwhelming drive with that power too.

• Like 1

• Member For: 11y 1m 30d

When I test drove my fg I hadn't driven a fast car for about 2 years and I just thought it was unbelievable! Now I find it quite believable. Maybe he's just been driving something really slow?

• Like 1

• Member For: 10y 5m 12d

When I test drove my fg I hadn't driven a fast car for about 2 years and I just thought it was unbelievable! Now I find it quite believable. Maybe he's just been driving something really slow?

Exact same thing happen with me, went from driving a 220kw Silvia to a Toyota Rukus, then after 3 years drove the fg and holy sh*t couldn't believe how fast it was, after a few months not it feels slow again

• Member For: 17y 11m 23d

Mate, these things are usually flash tuned to change things like boost, timing fuelling etc, that is there usually isn't a boost controller or bleed setup. Best bet would be to throw on a boost gauge. Stock boost on a ba should be around 6 psi

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 4m 7d

Didn't the seller give you any info on the car when you purchased it ?