Anyone Wondering What Happened To Spiros F6?

WTFWSAT

• Member For: 10y 3m 2d

Wow !! What a way to welcome a new member.... I feel quite embarrassed and disheartened for having asked Daryn to post about the car. Sorry mate !!

I was fortunate enough to purchase the exhaust from "the car" off Daryn. I drove from Brisbane to its location to collect it and while there , he was kind enough to show me the disassembled engine. All I can say, is that the design of the head and its rocker assembly is "unique" to say the least. Given that I have never seen or heard of the integration of the parts utilised, I can only assume that given its design and quality of machining, that it would not be out of place in Spiko's car.

While there Daryn offered to show me the car, however, due to time constraints, I declined. After following the cars progress over time, I really wish that I had...

Thanks for vouching for me Brad. Ill post some of the stuff I showed you when I get a chance. Working 80-100 hours a week really takes its toll on my spare time though. Haha

• Member For: 20y 11m 27d

I was reading a bit of Spiro's build up. Its quite sad to read it. He was so very enthusiastic about his car, seemed very nice natured from reading his post but then life cut short. I guess good people dying before their time happens everyday, but happening here on the forum makes you think about life/death a bit more.

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

I believe its still the largest hp barra to date, the goal iirc was 2000hp and I dont doubt it would of happened in time

• Member For: 15y 8m 2d

I agree with everything you have said turbo,

I had dealt with Spiro on a fairly regular basis.

He was very passionate and a true gentleman.

I have been recovering from a double stroke myself over the last 3 and a half months.

I am lucky to be alive and have full function of my body.

Unfortunately death or major health problems cant be avoided.

My advice from this is to enjoy life.

Enjoy your family, loved ones and your friends.

You just never know what's around the corner.

It would be great to see Spiro's machine continue down the path that was chosen for it by a great man. (SPIRO).

Regards

Dave.

P.S sorry for the thread hi jack.

Edited by supercharged88
  • Like 3

• Member For: 10y 3m 2d

Good morning everyone. Bare with me if this doesn't work post doesn't work properly. Before I started this thread I'd never made a post on the Internet. Anyway...

post-76565-0-53224900-1390342854_thumb.j

Billet crankshaft. Made by auscrank in Melbourne. It has a 3.5" stroke which makes it a 3.5L by my calculations but correct me if I'm wrong. It's a super heavy duty bit of gear.

post-76565-0-48197300-1390342970_thumb.j

Gtx5518 turbo. Garret rate them at 1650hp but they're always very conservative with ratings and because the smaller an engine is, the more it can make from a certain size turbo it should have no trouble going a fair ways past that figure. I'm quietly confident for 2000hp and quicker spool time than the old setup due to the split pulse 6boost exhaust manifold.

post-76565-0-05470700-1390343209_thumb.j

Custom high compression pistons. I obviously haven't been able to do a compression test on them yet but judging by the lump on top of the piston I'd guess maybe 10.5-11:1 compression ratio. Hence why I suggested its not really a street engine. The conrods are modified small block chev pieces. These will be getting swapped out for some billet alloy ones though. Alloy rods make everything in the bottom end happier because the take any excessive shock instead of transferring it straight to the bearings like steel rods.

post-76565-0-84205400-1390343559_thumb.j

2 injectors per cylinder. These are 5250cc/500lb Moran injectors. They only kick in when the 2000cc injectors run out of flow though.

post-76565-0-38759400-1390343678_thumb.j

Massive billet main caps with dowels and equally massive L19 studs

post-76565-0-98685300-1390343736_thumb.j

Huge L19 head studs.

post-76565-0-35859300-1390343829_thumb.j

5" dump pipe. Because the 4" that was on it when it made 1836hp was smaller than the exhaust wheel. Not good for hp.

post-76565-0-14601200-1390343935_thumb.j

Hypertune intake with modified ford throttle body so that the fly-by-wire pedal still works and the factory cruise control etc.

post-76565-0-62595600-1390344029_thumb.j

And that's about it. I didn't get any pictures of the head last night. It has beryllium valve seats, 4mm oversized valves, custom billet rockers with perfect geometry etc so that it can be revved as hard as it ever has to be revved to make as much power as it ever has to make. Anything else you all want to see?

• Like 11

• Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned.
  • Member For: 17y

Well you certainly shut me up<br /><br />Im just gonna hide over here a little and admire the pictures..

• Like 3

• Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned.
  • Member For: 17y

At the end of the day im glad I was a bit of a gribbly because we got to see some amazing bit of gear out of it ;)

• Like 1

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 3d

Fark what a conundrum to have. Good to see it living on with someone who has the passion too.

:welcome2:

PS: I helped build that car. And by build I mean help changed a flat tyre on a cruise many moons ago. And by help I mean stand back and offer advice.

RIP Spiro :verysad:

• Like 3