Manual Only Ba-Fg, Xr6 Turbo ¼ Mile Times

YLD-11Z

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 18d
I've been thinking about it, once its more sorted though... definately would make it easier

What size Slick do you reckon you could jam under your's now?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 10m 8d

Dunno mate, I'd have to test fit to really know... 28in Id imagine, width wise I have about 35mm extra to play with now.

Whats the widest MT that fits under a stock gaurd?

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 17d
How many manual T's have gone out on Slick's & Front Runner's, Billet Axle's, big Clutches, all lightened up ready to race?

Once you see that, you should see a 10.

Good point most of the blokes on here are running on full weight & mt's. I spose with the 2st powerband that these things have doesnt help the wheelspin problem.

• Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 3d
How many manual T's have gone out on Slick's & Front Runner's, Billet Axle's, big Clutches, all lightened up ready to race?

Once you see that, you should see a 10.

NONE!

I think it's far more trouble, and expensive than in an auto. Manuals are a much smaller number than autos, and autos are far better suited to turbos.

I'd say the effort to run a 10 in a manual is like the effort to run a 9 in an auto.

And unless you're going to use NOS, there is a lot more effort in getting a bigger laggier turbo off the line with the manual.

The more aggressive you are with the clutch to get it off the line, the more you need much stronger driveline components, especially with a sedan.

Most of us aren't really into the drag scene; it would be different if it was a workshop car.

When Adam H came onto the scene, he wondered why us Ford guys were so slow, and he was determined to throw whatever money he had available to run a 9.

If it was a case of money being no object then it might be different.

Brian

• Member For: 16y 2m 6d
NONE!

I think it's far more trouble, and expensive than in an auto. Manuals are a much smaller number than autos, and autos are far better suited to turbos.

I'd say the effort to run a 10 in a manual is like the effort to run a 9 in an auto.

And unless you're going to use NOS, there is a lot more effort in getting a bigger laggier turbo off the line with the manual.

The more aggressive you are with the clutch to get it off the line, the more you need much stronger driveline components, especially with a sedan.

Most of us aren't really into the drag scene; it would be different if it was a workshop car.

When Adam H came onto the scene, he wondered why us Ford guys were so slow, and he was determined to throw whatever money he had available to run a 9.

If it was a case of money being no object then it might be different.

Brian

I agree with Brian, but in saying that after just returning from the powercruise and going for a few drives in Adams black xr ute, I have no doubt either him or I will be able to crack a 10. That thing has got some power, the boys that build it are pretty confident with some good semi slicks and the right launch that it wont be a problem at all getting into the 10s. Not too sure when they are going to run it, I think they need to strenghen the diff a bit first in order to get a good launch.

Heres a pic of it on the dyno today

post-14216-1235887586_thumb.jpg

I have a pretty good video of it on the dyno too but its too big to post on here.

Here's a progression pic of my engine bay

Note: will definately not look like this when completed, all hoses will be steel braided etc

post-14216-1235888248_thumb.jpg

Edited by YLD-11Z