Manual Only Ba-Fg, Xr6 Turbo ¼ Mile Times

YLD-11Z

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 21d

Good old 2 weeks huh? The car is back together, but we are having a couple of phantom issues - can't explain what it is. And before you go looking for a workshop to beat up on, I'll be straight up and say that I had a big hand in putting this motor together. I'm humble enough to admit that there is an issue and we can't quite pin point it at the moment. As YLD11Z is in the ACT, Gen-Tech is helping with the problem solving so we hope to have it sorted soon so Andrew can smash out some big numbers and chase the elusive 10sec quarter time.

Cheers,

Pat

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 7d

well I am taking my manual nugget to wsid tomorrow night, ran 391rwkw last night so touch wood may see another 11sec pass fingers crossed.

• Member For: 16y 2m 6d
Good old 2 weeks huh? The car is back together, but we are having a couple of phantom issues - can't explain what it is. And before you go looking for a workshop to beat up on, I'll be straight up and say that I had a big hand in putting this motor together. I'm humble enough to admit that there is an issue and we can't quite pin point it at the moment. As YLD11Z is in the ACT, Gen-Tech is helping with the problem solving so we hope to have it sorted soon so Andrew can smash out some big numbers and chase the elusive 10sec quarter time.

Cheers,

Pat

Yes as Pat said, issues happen, things that are out of our control. Pat has been great in allowing Gentech to help fix this problem (at his own expense I might add) which shows the level of customer service he provides through SDC Performance.

cmon I wana know if YLD-11Z will be changing his nick to YLD-10Z

I will definately be changing my forum name to YLD-10Z, I really dont care what it takes to get it there, but I can assure you, it will run a 10. Small problem, need the car back first. But it'll happen one day

na mate dont really need it, my gear changes are just the same as an auto. what it comes down to is the start. getting the thing off the line is where all the time is lost. .5 sec slower off the line doubles once crossing the finish line. so the start is the key.

Ill need some good slicks, right amount of clutch and accelerator and I have no doubt it will do a 10 sec pass