Wrong Oil, Correct Oil

jsun70

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 20d

it is a tad cheaper than what the dealerships were charging.

Since I have done mods to the car, the warranty no longer applies so why should I have to deal with the dealerships when the guys at MT have excellent service?

;)

• Like 1

• Member For: 11y 10m 23d

The book says to put 15-40 in, so new car warranty servicing should not have anything other than that as the whole point

of log book servicing, is to do what the log book says.

I have Helix HX5 15-40 and car runs just as quiet and smooth as it always did.

As to whether 5-30 is going to protect same, better or worse than 15-40, nobody can really say without having 2 Identical cars and running them upto hundreds of thousands of KM in Same conditions.

Edited by Z2TT

• 11 months later...
  • Member For: 9y 3m 29d

Personally I hate dealers and think they are rip off artist. I would make the change it and put in a 40 weight fully synthetic oil or even something thicker. Dealers always put cheaper semi-synthetic stuff in and usually thinner oil than recommended. Most tuners and performance place around would not put any other oil in but a fully synthetic 40+ weight oil in these cars especially if its been modified. I use Castrol Edge 10w-60 in my Typhoon and that's what was recommended by 2 Castrol technicians and 3 Performance shops. Guys have done oil analysis tests and it has showed that thinner oil doesn't protect the same.

Edited by MattstaF6

• Member For: 11y 3m 27d

I purchased the vehicle 2 years ago with 90xxxkm on the clock, had been serviced at ford on the Gold Coast its whole life with previous owner. Since I've owned it, yes that is all I have run, has 182xxxkm on the clock now. I changed the oil about every 10,000km, The car lives to drive on the hi-way so that's all it ever does, hi-way K's, she gets serviced pretty much every 3 months

• Like 2