Dba Rotors

Ross23

• Member For: 11y 1m 2d

You understand upgraded brakes won't make your car stop any faster right?

I wonder why a lot of people bother upgrading em if they never track the car, other than for looks. The stock brakes can lock the wheels up just fine and once that happens your car ain't braking any faster

• Like 1

Haha yeah but if you're doing multiple emergency stops on the street you need to calm the f*ck down :P

Only time I've had mine fade is on a skid pan track day when doing heavy braking repeatedly.. Fried em real nice

Edited by Lennox

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 4d

Agree with the street only scenario. Pad choice is far more critical, equal with tyres. If either fail, you aren't stopping no matter how big your brakes are! I drove for many years on stocker brakes and it pulled up great (even did OK on multiple 800m top speed runs).

Having said that when I got the chance to go Brembos I jumped at it due to the odd times I enjoy spirited driving, among other things like look and ease of maintenance.

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 27d

Lenox, have you had a look at XYZ by any chance?

I like the black ones for a sleeper kinda look.

They fit the front 19" rims from what I hear.

They however do not clear the rears if you get the 4 pot sibling.

Yeh they look good haven't heard much about em though? Wonder if any of the experts on here know anything about em? Still 2 grand I couldn't justify it for street use at the moment

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 14y 11m 8d

You understand upgraded brakes won't make your car stop any faster right?

I wonder why a lot of people bother upgrading em if they never track the car, other than for looks. The stock brakes can lock the wheels up just fine and once that happens your car ain't braking any faster

I had a stock brakes and they tend to fade real quick, with DBA's T3 all round at least I have that much more confidence in my brakes but should have gone for brembo's. There is a difference between say stock, dba and brembo's in stopping performance even in a single time stopping stock brakes will take longer than the other two options.

Ever got abs on with stock brakes? That's the fastest your car can stop. As Aaron said the difference is in how the hold up to repeat braking

And no doubt there is better pedal feel, less pedal pushing to get the wheels to lock up etc. with better brakes

Edited by Lennox
  • Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 6d

Gotta say, for a street car the best bet is putting money into tyres, particularly at the front - that will determine emergency braking distance.

Having said that, if you need to replace discs/pads the dba/bendix option is a good one.

• Like 1