Rear Wheels Not Centered

michaelhardy

• Member For: 14y 9m 10d

on both my utes the rear wheels are not the same distance from the chassis, on one there is only a small difference, but on the other there is quite a noticeable difference. Has any one else noticed this? every thing else looks straight, and no we haven't been drifting into kerbs..

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 6d

Yeah same... I run a 20x9.5 265/35/20 and mine rubs on the inside chassis rail on right hand side..

Got a 5mm spacers on rear now, when I had 20x10 275/30/20 same thing.. Went to ford dealer to show them.... There response was.... We don't sell utes with those size rear tyres so not our problem... If it rubbed with stock wheels then it's our problem.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 12y 4m 14d

I managed to get my tub realigned & the diff re-centred by the dealership under warranty.

All I had to do was bend my axles in my original diff, argue with the dealership wether they were or not, finally get the diff replaced, poorly; take it back because the new diff was making a screeching noise during hard cornering, pick it up after they couldn't fix it, get onto Ford direct & kick up a stink, take my car back to the dealership. More head scratching, in & out a few times, noticed paint was worn though where the wheel was rubbing on the tub at some stage while trying to figure out what was going on at home for them, get that resprayed & tub aligned, still making noise, take it back again & again, finally get one of my axles shortened by 35 thou... 3 months later & in total 7 trips to the dealership & probably 50 odd phone calls- now it looks sweet. Just like it should've always been.

Got them to take off the mud flaps & respray rear of the tub too.

Totally worth all the hassles & head aches. Love ford, always a pleasure.