2010 Fg Xr6T Clutch - Which Do You Have?

kazuhiko

• Member For: 10y 4m 9d

Hey guys,

At 70k, I find my clutch is getting very lazy and the friction point is pretty much at the very top of the pedals pivot now, even slipped pretty hard with a second gear clutch kick. Im not chasing big power, probably won't even get an edit, but I do like to give the car/clutch a hard time with some fun so I don't think another stock clutch will do. So I'm looking to hear what you guys are running in your manual Fg 6 speed manuals.

What kind of power you making, what kind of clutch have you got and its power rating and what you spent on it if you guys don't mind?

Joe.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 7m 4d

I have a malwood opt 3+ car makes 450rwkw clutch has shown zero issues and has about 50k on it fg mk1 by the way. Clutch is rated to 410kw and cost me 1850, I recommend if you do change your clutch get the remote bleeder, I didn't and I am pissed I didn't. I don't however clutch kick it, the wheels spin on their own under boost.

Edited by unclewal

• Member For: 11y 15d

Yeah I'm in the same boat clutch has been slipping since 20k have had to nurse it for a few months

But looking at the xtreme twin plate or going single plate with Jim berry, I'd love to gp button

But won't work to well with towing the boat

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 2d

How are your clutches slipping with low Ks?

70000 and 20000.... I'm manual no slip and on 55000ks.. There is a few guys who were running low 300rwks with stock clutch... There was actually one guy running low 400s with stock FG clutch on here

Edited by Pazzo

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 7m 4d

Might be a silly question, whats the remote bleeder do?

Allows you to bleed the clutch. The standard one drops fluid in the bellhousing and an asshole to get to, remote bleeder sits on the side of the box and allows you to access and bleed the clutch effortlessly.

How are your clutches slipping with low Ks?

70000 and 20000.... I'm manual no slip and on 55000ks.. There is a few guys who were running low 300rwks with stock clutch... There was actually one guy running low 400s with stock FG clutch on here

Cant tell you to be honest man, I havnt had the car for all too long, about a month now. But I kicked it, it slipped hard and smelled for the rest of the day every time I started the car, so I figure replace the thing and have it reliable enough whilst I own it.

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 25d

Kazuhiko, were you using the launch control and then dumping the clutch?

If so, don't use the launch control. It will slip the clutch and ride it hard.

your cabin will smell pretty bad for the rest of the day.

Instead of using the launch control, turn traction control off and launch it on your own.

Also if you are dumping the clutch to get the wheels to spin, don't. as said before just get them to spin on their own at boost.

Kazuhiko, were you using the launch control and then dumping the clutch?

If so, don't use the launch control. It will slip the clutch and ride it hard.

your cabin will smell pretty bad for the rest of the day.

Instead of using the launch control, turn traction control off and launch it on your own.

Also if you are dumping the clutch to get the wheels to spin, don't. as said before just get them to spin on their own at boost.

I was rolling in second gear at low speeds, gave it a good kick as you do and it just slipped, I had traction off. I used to do this in my old rx7 and it would light the rears up something fierce, the xr just slipped :ermm: