Topgear Mag Jan 2014 Issue.

timetaker

• www.australianflag.org.au
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 3d

^^^^ Cheers that puts it nicely in perspective.

Seriously thinking about grabbing one last Falcon before they disappear. My lease timings seem about right.

Do I grab a V8 or get the almighty XR6T?

Fuel would be a killer though. I do over 100 km daily.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 4m 4d
Do I grab a V8 or get the almighty XR6T

The question that will dog me for a while.I would love another turbo car such as the new upcoming XR6T but it would feel like a step back from my current F6.

I've never owned a V8 and the XR8 s/c will have the same brembo package as the current GT and F6 and probably other standard stuff that the new XR6T will miss out on.....(unless you can option it up).

I use my F6 as a daily driver in the past 21/2 years I've travelled 20,400klms fuel consumption isn't too much of a concern.My car may as well be a 5.0L s/c it does like to drink ;)

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 26d

I can't recall the exact article and content , but I can recall some 12 months ago reading a article that stated FPV had been testing a 375kw engine , and they stated , without a intercooler , the internals as well as the gearbox and diff could result in a high number of warranty claims - which FPV were not happy to accept as it would have resulted in the brand been blemished ...

They failed to deliver the 375kw engine and FPV failed regardless ...

There was an intercooled version (the first Miami I ever drove was intercooled), suggestions were it made more power than that. Both the versions used to smash the HSV benchmark cars they had apparently, but unfortunately for us they used to smash everything else underneath the car too, hence there is now no cooler, and a de-tuned version of the non-intercooled motor.

• Like 2

• Waiting for the 1st N/A 12!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 9d

XR6T diff must be stronger than the V8's I know of plenty (including mine) that have over 500 rwkws and the stocker diff still going strong years later!

• Like 2