G6Et Christmas Break Project, Vossen/brembo Upgrade

fr33r

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 7m 9d

Nailed it fr33r one sweet G6ET mate.

How are the new rubber holding up? I due for some soon.

With these brakes the fronts will have a hard time, jeez they are strong. Good around town when they are cool but warm them up and they really bite well. Invos are good too although I can only compare to the oem dunlops and nexens that I had on the std wheels. Fronts pull up well when the nexens would have locked up. Haven't had a chance to light up the rears yet. I only have std power atm so the 285s are over kill for now...

I think it looks good with the aftermarket headlights but each to their own

I have the dark red LED tail lights to go on this week and think I will also get the matching front lights but tossing up with the mk2 projectors.... A matter of taste but I like the audi style lights too.

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 10m 24d

If you want me to bore you with the differences with the aftermarket projectors and standard assembly with hids I'd be more than happy to lol..

And cheers guys I wasn't entirely sure about the DRLs but they have grown on me

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 7m 9d

Wow, car looks awesome. That colour looks so good when it's clean and shiny and the wheels really suit it.

Out of curiosity what polish and wax do you use?

I just use the Mothers brand from Supercheap. More case of how often rather than brand. The car gets a full buff and polish every 3 to 4 months and I go over it with the spray on wax after every wash which is fortnightly or after a long trip.

What offset did you go with front and rear?

20x9 +32 with 245/35 on the front. HTG 345mm. Will just touch near full lock going up driveways if I am not careful, otherwise fine

20x10 +40 with 285/30 on the rear. HTG 335-340 depending on fuel, guards rolled and pumped 5mm. No problems so far...

Only it is now off the road cause the battery dropped a cell, I may have killed it with the stereo while doing the work on it...oem less than 2 yrs old.