Drunk Tank - Over .05 - Pissed Again

Rab

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 10d

So this arvo I had a few beers and decided to pull the trigger on a new guitar I'd spotted on eBay that I don't need, but thought would be cool to have up on site...$700ish later...oops...

It's a 3/4 scale Ibanez RGM55 Mikro with Dimarzio pickups (air Norton in the neck and tone zone in the bridge). This particular model isn't made anymore and is much nicer and gets much better reviews than any of the other 3/4 scale guitar available currently.

I tried buying a cheap electric guitar for site once and just couldn't bring myself to do it, they played terribly and felt horrible. So I figured no point spending $300 on one of the other crappy 3/4 scale guitars if I'm not going to enjoy playing it.

It's a manufacturer refurbished unit that had part of the headstock resurfaced along the edge, but is otherwise in as new mint condition. Retail on them was $826USD and I grabbed it for $429USD plus $99USD shipping.

This is it:

c8841c9bed081e91f62cd03fdc3d3086.jpg

aa047be7ea8bf980e8037f6f846ac6e7.jpg

34ca5f9c51530ac05354a7fd3eda8dff.jpg

d340742c32fecc384d2e092b9ea118a3.jpg

d72cd831645ba1ba24e78583eaf28cef.jpg

And this is the resurfaced edge on the headstock:

e8c6af010fab71b6c4d5b6b792f3c94e.jpg

• Like 2

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 13d

seems like a good result!... the excellence is lost on me, though... my music knowledge is terrible (unless from a technical perspective :P )

• Like 1

Mostly it's about the sound and feel, Keify. Cheap guitars generally don't feel nice to play, with respects to smoothness, playability, speed, comfort etc. And there's a lot of factors that go into making a guitar sound good...but decent woods, decent build quality and decent electronics and pickups go a long way towards it.

This guitar has most of those elements, but in a scaled down (size) package...which is good, as I'm hoping it'll fit in my cupboard at work so I can lock it up when I fly out.