My G6Et (My First Car From Aust.)

Whooby

• Member For: 10y 4m 21d

Hi All,

Picked up my first Australian made car last week. Had/have Celsior, Stagea RS4 & V8 100 series Cruiser.

2010 (April) model in lightning strike with black interior. One owner only 60 thou on it. Even got the new car warranty extended till 2016.

We had been looking for something to replace my Celsior. G6ET had been high on the list for a long time. Long story short 12months went by and then I bought one.

Love the power and acceleration it has. Interior space is great(baby seat in the back).

All round seems to be well put together.

My only issue with it at this point is that the reverse camera decides to stop working. Screen flickers quickly then goes black :-( any thoughts? Common? Easy fix? I don't want to take it to Ford just yet....

I shall attach some pics when I'm on the computer next.

Cheers,

Hugh.

• Like 1

• Expert
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 24d

Welcome Huge glade you've seen the light and joined the G6ET family.

Reverse camera mine has flickered a couple of times but returns back to normal right away. Seeing that you've got extended warranty take it back and fingers crossed they replace the camera or fix the problem.

Have fun here and enjoy your stay

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 10m 7d

Welcome to the forum hugh, you will find plenty of info here mate. Looking forward to the pictures

You will be glad you joined the G6ET family

Thanks guys!

Camera started working again Monday morning..... I'll just have to see how it goes.

Another slight annoyance is the lurch back in to 1st when slowing to a stop. A more aggressive stops hides it but when parking the lurch does throw the car forward a bit.

I read somewhere that an ecu reset it or even g'box software update may fix it?

Need to have it dyno'd to see what the stock figures are for it. Hopefully it's a healthy/strong motor. It feels it anyway.

Hugh.

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 11m 15d

Hey mate
My reverse camera is screwed, similar thing is happening to mine, we think its a loose ground wire in the connection from the camera to the icc im going to probably replace it with a better aftermarket camera anyway
Also the gearbox lurch you need to get your box serviced asap I did with mine and fixed it up real still there a little bit but it has been improved drastically

Just wait the mod bug will bite and itll bite hard if it doesnt happen right away it will, it took me 1 year and half to catch up to me

• 2 months later...

Well Ford are a little more useless that I would have liked.

Mentioned the gearbox lurching, took a service guy for a drive so he felt it as well. He had never felt it before..... Quite odd he thought (No sh*t! me too). Anyhoo picked the car up after the service. They Couldn't find anything wrong, Fluid level was okay, no software updates available for it. Just reset the driving style memory (can't remember it's name). Within the first 200m of driving the car I noticed nothing had changed.

Since Ford suck is this something that could be adjusted with a tune? Modify the shifting points perhaps? The service goon seemed to believe that the ZF should only return to 1st once the car has stopped?

For those that a 'tweaked' their car, Is it worth just having the car tuned with an SCT flash tuner?No other mods at all. Or should I put metal cooler pipes & injectors in too? My G6ET is the 'updated' model with the plastic end tanks on the cooler. I'm not chasing lots of power, more a refinement in the fuel consumption.

Another thing I've noticed with these hot days we've had, the fans continue to run after the car is switched off. Anyone else had this?? They shut down after a minute or so, So not really worried ATM.

Also the rough idle after start up is still there, occasionally while sitting at lights as well. Ford said the plugs aren't due till over 100k which seems a little long. I had a read about the PCV can cause this

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,

Hugh.

• Spooling Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 13d

The ZF learns how you drive, so it will either drop to 1st coming to a stop or stay in second.

The famous ZF lurch is pretty common, where it goes from 2-1 coming to a stop.

Edited by TomT

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 26d

People have reported the 2 to 1 lurch being fixed by a custom ZF tune, yeah. Make sure you tell them if you don't want a quick bang through the gears though (comfort vs racer)

Fans is normal behaviour.

• 2 months later...

Question for you all, Does anyone else have their ICC screen 'reset' while they're driving? I've noticed a couple of times that the screen goes blank and then the little 'man' walks across and sits down again. Still have the issue where the reverse camera signal is all broken and sometimes not on at all.

Also the idle sucks, After driving on the way to work. I finish the highway stretch, I've noticed when I'm waiting in traffic the idle gets rough. Car has 71k on it, always using 98 fuel. Thought about changing the plugs?(Too soon) or is it just the super rich factory tune that they have?

Still hate the gearbox lurch :(

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 11m 15d

Use manual mode mate and stay out of first will get rid of most of the lurch

As for the icc I haven't heard of that happening

• Like 1