Fpv F6 Fg Series 1 Vs Series 2 (Mk1 Vs Mk2)

LiquidBHK

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 25d

iv just gone from FG F6 mk1 to FG F6 mk2. they r a lot nicer car inside & out..

Lol: that touchscreen makes the whole car so much nicer? Evidence of the power of marketing and perception!

The only noticeable differences to the customer are (I'm assuming no-one cares about different power steering fluid reservoirs or other re-sourced hidden items)

FG Mk11 headlamps (projector style)

FG Mk11 touchscreen and associated ICC software, as per the SZ E265 (the rest of the ICC functionality, all the hard buttons, is carry over). Complimenting this is the USB input and phone holder in the console, as opposed to the pouch and ipod connection in the Mk1.

Wheels went back to the BF style, but from memory these were always the default F6 rim and the argents were an option, or the 2 styles came in and out over the life of the F6. Not even certain this happened exactly at Mk11 launch.

Realistically the Mk11 program was 2 key areas: front end and touchscreen (as per VE Series 2). The FPVs only got half the mother car treatment.

I got one of the last Mk1s since the price difference at the time was 10k and I figured the touchscreen wasn't worth that much! In hindsight all I'd really like from the Mk11 is the USB input and bluetooth audio streaming. Very annoying enjoying listening to podcasts from my android phone over bluetooth in my lease car and then having to use the crappy AUX input in my F6.

• Like 3

• Member For: 11y 8m 30d

Lol: that touchscreen makes the whole car so much nicer? Evidence of the power of marketing and perception!

The only noticeable differences to the customer are (I'm assuming no-one cares about different power steering fluid reservoirs or other re-sourced hidden items)

FG Mk11 headlamps (projector style)

FG Mk11 touchscreen and associated ICC software, as per the SZ E265 (the rest of the ICC functionality, all the hard buttons, is carry over). Complimenting this is the USB input and phone holder in the console, as opposed to the pouch and ipod connection in the Mk1.

Wheels went back to the BF style, but from memory these were always the default F6 rim and the argents were an option, or the 2 styles came in and out over the life of the F6. Not even certain this happened exactly at Mk11 launch.

Realistically the Mk11 program was 2 key areas: front end and touchscreen (as per VE Series 2). The FPVs only got half the mother car treatment.

I got one of the last Mk1s since the price difference at the time was 10k and I figured the touchscreen wasn't worth that much! In hindsight all I'd really like from the Mk11 is the USB input and bluetooth audio streaming. Very annoying enjoying listening to podcasts from my android phone over bluetooth in my lease car and then having to use the crappy AUX input in my F6.

I've also got one of the last Mk1's that sat around in a dealer for nearly 12 months and would agree with the above. The only thing I would really love is bluetooth audio streaming.

• Like 1

• Member For: 11y 8m 30d

When I'm streaming through spotify anyway it's a bit of a moot point regarding stream vs cable quality for me.

I've been lucky enough to have a fair few different vehicles to test overnight through work and even with the ford bluetooth streaming on the ranger & focus I have really loved the convenience of jumping into the car and having your audio go without your phone leaving your pocket.

Other than that the usual bigger tyre / moar powahh style wants, I love my Mk1!

• Like 1