turbotrana

Ford Racing Mustang Rims. Why Not

I am looking for a set of rims for my White FG G6e. I've ruled out all the ebay rims and anything with the 73mm centre hub cause I reckon alot of these cheap rims are dangerous.

I am considering a factory Ford Mustang rim and reckon I can get them to fit.

Choice for the rears are (this is easy)

19 x 9 with 42mm offset (fit no problem)

19 x 9.5 with 45 offset (shim out the rear suspension blade a little and should fit)

19 x 10 with either 47.5 or 51mm offset (modify rear suspension blade to make fit)

Choice for front

19 x 9 with 42mm offset. (need 12mm hubcentric spacer and longer studs)

19 x 9 with 42mm offset (get wheel narrowed by 12.5mm, I know of a place overseas that has certification to narrow and widden wheels). This will give a 19 x 8.5 with 30 offset

THis way I get a factory wheel made to a high standard, with the correct centre hole of 70.5 mm.

Look up Ford Racing wheels Mustang and there are a good range of rims to chose from.

Simon at XFT had some on his car for a while (or still does). Looked cool from memory, I'll see if I can dig up a pic.

Hi guys, I am now more confused ! I thought if a wheel had a 73.1mm centre bore it would fit my FGX.

I.e. If I were to put those staggered Mustang wheels on with centre bore of 70.5mm I would have to get the rims centre bore machined to 73.1mm.

Am I reading this wrong ?

A 73.1mm centre bore wheel would fit, but would feel floaty. You want an aluminium hub-ring to go from the factory size inner-diameter of 70.5mm (based on that link I sent earlier) to the outer diameter of 73.1mm of the wheel itself.

So, can anybody tell me how these bad boys would fit under the wheel arches of my FGX ?

Diameter - Front - 19x8.5 - Offset - Front- 42.5P
Diameter - Rear - 19x9.0 - Offset - Rear - 45.0P

Easy/tight/fugeddaboutit ?

There are a heap for sale on Gumtree in good nick from $700 to $1,500 a set of four with good rubber.

yeah, they'll probably fit... You'll be about 12-13mm closer to the suspension strut on the inside of the front. You'll be about 22mm closer to the suspension strut on the inside of the rear and about 4mm closer to the guard on the rear (which is perfectly fine). Measure your current setup and how close it is to the suspension and make sure those numbers fit based on your current setup.

(hint - I used this website: https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=245&aspect=35&diameter=19&wheelwidth=8&offset=36&width2=245&aspect2=35&wheel_size=19&wheel_width=9&offset2=45)