Can Not Decide What To Do

MR XR8

• Member For: 17y 8m 26d

Well I am in two minds at the moment weather I should sell my current toys and get into a new 335 gt or keep what I have . my current toys are a 2012 fg xr6 turbo with full options and a ba gt with full options and a yella terra super charger with only 37 thou on the clock . Just after some info from people who own the new gt weather they have been as good as they were thinking or do they regret it and should have kept what they had before ? Would it be worth selling my two cars for one ?

cheers

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 27d

Hmmm tough one. Take a miami for a test drive is definitely the first step.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 12d

yea I would be taking a 335 for a test drive and see how it performs and if it lives up to your expectations. Is your ba a 6speed man and how much power is it making?

• Member For: 17y 8m 26d

yeh I might have to take a 335 for another drive as I have not driven one since the Miami was released.

bonjaz- the ba is a 5 speed but I wanted the blood orange so couldn't get the 6 speed its making 490rwhp atm but its a nice very safe set up at the moment .If I end up keeping it ill push it some more to around 550 I will be happy

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 26d

If it was me I'd probably be waiting to see if there's any special edition or souped up version come up for the final run and snap that up with no regrets

• Member For: 11y 10m 24d

I was thinking about doing the same, Keeping my FG XR6T or getting a GS Supercharged, really I'd prefer to have both but from having driven both here is what I can say of first impressions.

I test drove one, and while it pulled hard right off the line, mid-range and top end did not pull like you would expect

for a 400rwhp car. Comparing to a 400hp Turbo, The Turbos just have such a good spread of power and mid-range torque outdoes the Supercharged.

The Miami if that's what its called, is a nice Linear car with power everywhere, the best thing is that the power is instant in the low end, it will fry the tyres with traction control on.

Tuning wise from what I've researched, you will have to spend lots more on a Miami to get it to go as fast as a 4.0L Turbo. I think I was seeing most 500hp Miamis only run 118mph where as 400hp Turbos are doing 120-123. Once you get to running more boost on the Miami you will need an Intercooler that is very expensive.

Overall, the Miami is a snappy responsive car that has instant power that is most felt at low speeds to mid range, the turbo though makes more torque in the mid-range and is better at part throttle, it just moves along effortlessly at times.

Edited by Z2TT