Qld Cruises And Events

mattson

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 7d

Honestly guys, if you want to do a day at the track, you're better of just getting together at one of the regular sprint meetings held at QR or Lakeside. Hiring a track is very expensive and I doubt you'd be able to get the numbers to make it viable.

The sprint meetings are pretty relaxed and usually run from about 12pm-4pm. You'll get 3-4 runs of 5 laps each and the entry fee is about $140 for pre entries and $30 for a AASA day licence or $50 for a yearly licence. If you organise it early enough you should be able to all get into the same group.

Lakeside has just been refurbished and is a very exciting track albeit a little less forgiving should you push too hard and end up way off track. Shouldn't really be an issue though as I doubt anyone would be pushing that hard. They do also have noise restrictions at Lakeside but it's generally not an issue with road cars.

Next sprint meetings at Lakeside are March 1st and May 3rd.

More info here: http://www.qldraceways.com.au/lakeside_sprints/index.html

Paul.

• Member For: 15y 3m

3rd of May is the date then. Ive got my FPV day on March the 3rd so wouldnt want to put the car through 2 track days in the one week.

If your interested let me know and I will get some more details sorted on Monday.