G6Et Finished.... For Now

MattyP

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 8d
1 hour ago, camo86T said:

3.45s are out of the BA to suit the 5 speed

Whatever model (BA Mk2?) came out with the t56 first still had the 3.45's though

I read that somewhere on here, keith prob wrote it, he's a bit of a manual eggspurt I believe

First Typhoons/F6's were all auto IIRC 

By the time F6 manual available, ratios had changed to 3.73, hence keith's comment

The first F6 Typhoon/Tornado models (BA mkII) were all manual, all T56, all twin plate clutched, all 3.73 diff ratio.

ZF 6sp was the first auto in an F6 model variant (started from BF - there were no BA auto F6 variants). There was never a 4spd auto F6 model variant.

All T56/TR6060 equipped 4L-Turbo falcons come with a 3.73 LSD. All ZF 6-speed equipped 4L-Turbo falcons come with either a 2.73 open or 2.73 LSD, depending on model.

:spoton:

EDIT: FYI... T56 with 3.73 does about 2,000rpm in 6th at 100km/h. TR6060 is slightly better at around 1,800rpm at 100km/h due to the slightly shorter top gear ratio of the TR6060 equipped variants (these TR6060 variants are ALL manual FG 4L-Turbo variants).

Edited by k31th

• I'm getten too old for this s**t
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 12d

hoo friggen ray..... I can seeeee --- Cheers Chris :)

I'll just go back and read everything now hahahaha

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 2m 6d
10 hours ago, k31th said:

The first F6 Typhoon/Tornado models (BA mkII) were all manual, all T56, all twin plate clutched, all 3.73 diff ratio.

ZF 6sp was the first auto in an F6 model variant (started from BF - there were no BA auto F6 variants). There was never a 4spd auto F6 model variant.

All T56/TR6060 equipped 4L-Turbo falcons come with a 3.73 LSD. All ZF 6-speed equipped 4L-Turbo falcons come with either a 2.73 open or 2.73 LSD, depending on model.

:spoton:

EDIT: FYI... T56 with 3.73 does about 2,000rpm in 6th at 100km/h. TR6060 is slightly better at around 1,800rpm at 100km/h due to the slightly shorter top gear ratio of the TR6060 equipped variants (these TR6060 variants are ALL manual FG 4L-Turbo variants).

Well FMD I could hardly have remembered more incorrectly if I tried... :ermm: sorry guys

Now you say it I vaguely recall all the dramas Motor mag (or wheels) had when they tested the first typhoon back then, first AP clutch failed pretty quick on the test mule

Now we're talking about it though keith, what's your opinion on 5th in a tr6060...can it take a hammering or not. Specifically thinking of hard 4-5 change if I was to take mine to the drags, sorta hoping I'd be hitting around 128mph with 438rwkw and would require a pretty tall tyre to not need that extra gear depending on rev limit.

With std oil pump gears not really wanting to push it too hard up top.

Did a conversion between tyre diameter and top speed...

Did a bit of searching on here but couldn't find anything specific

Sorry for derail matty but may be of interest to you when you become manualmatt ;)

tyre diameter to mph.xlsx

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 8d

You probably won't need to hit 5th in a quarter mile. It's a stupidly slow shift and not worth your time and effort to try to further accelerate in an overdrive gear at the track. It can be done, though...

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 11m 14d

Hahaha No problem about the derail

And agree on the 5th thing, I think youll struggle to meet the top of 4th

Always good info keif

Is their any markings on the diff unit to tell you what gears and diff it is?

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 11m 14d

Oh well 

He reckons its out of an fg f6 manual. So cheap LSD for me now as well haha

Either 3.45 or 3.7 id be happy with. I think id struggle to find the top of 4th at the 1/4 mile with either ratio