Fg Xr6T Going In For Mods And Tune Soon.

masda74

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 29d

Is it tuned yet or what? :P

Man....I dont get your car. 142k for me...turbo bolts were apparently not too bad (he said the worst hotside ones were no more than half a turn back to oem spec). Maybe tuned adds extra stress?

Definitely freakin about my timing chain stuff...well when I do valve springs I will factor in what youve done. I apparently have the infamous slow leak timing cover is it too? Then id have to do oil pump gears cause that's close too I think...nahhhh

Anyways enough crap from me....look forward to seeing that 373rwkw figure......lol 

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 29d

Well never thought that an extra psi of boost and some leaning out....causes a turbo to crack its housing?

Hasn't Stever done like 200k on his replacment turbo...................

Not here to start sh*t....it just must be one of those 'how long is a peice of string' situations? 

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 24d

that is a good question. what causes the rear housing to crack as I have done it before even hitting 75000km.

What really is busting my bubble is why the harmonic balancer had pitting/chattering???

Anyways that is getting replaced with something more decent.

I now understand the timing chain and guides are a consumable and will need to be done every X amount of KM.

It just sucks to know that I have been behaving myself and this sh*t happens.

I think my new motto will be to drive it like it is stollen.

time to waste rubber in one week and see how things goes.

I will report back in one week.

• Like 2

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 26d
3 minutes ago, masda74 said:

that is a good question. what causes the rear housing to crack as I have done it before even hitting 75000km.

in my BA I used to thrash the crap out of it full throttle all the time (stock with 10psi generic tune lol). I used to do big burnouts on the brake until the car's power declined from I/c heatsoak then park the car up. One day I did this and then started the car up and it suddenly sounded like an agricultural diesel and the bolts on housing would come loose within 100km of tightening.

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 24d

@johnxr6t that is what I have been told, but I have mechanical sympathy and don't do that sh*t.

I stay away from doing burnouts as I know it is gonna cost me money later on by replacing tires sooner.

yes I give the car a few bursts of WOT on a daily basis, but I then drive the car like a nana until I get to my destination to give it time to cool down.

Mine sounded like a tractor cause the flange bolts that hold the dump pipe to the cat were loose.

I tightened them recently and that fixed the noise, but my boost would not go past factory boost preassure.

Rdm3LMN.png 

This is the pressure that use to show up in the Torque app before getting a tune.

This is what I recently saw on the car, which indicated to me that there was an issue.

Anyways, I will find out later on today or tomorrow how the car is doing.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 30d

That's stock boost on a B series as well :P

I asked my mechanic and he said my turbo housing looks fine...I had cracks in the exhaust manifold AND Manta dump though :) 

• Like 1