Fg Xr6T Going In For Mods And Tune Soon.

masda74

• Member For: 11y 1m 23d

Congrats masda you must be happy with the result. How can they get so much more power with only 1psi more boost than stock? Or is that up top when the little turbo is falling away?

• Like 1

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 19d

Hey Guys, sorry for the late reply. I have been trying to scan in the dyno sheets, but they are coming up pixelated.

Something to do with the copiers at work.

Wow how is that possible, short shifters are obviously more complex than I thought?

Good power on low low boost!

What was the limiting factor, did you get an upgraded intank pump?

Hey Steve, I believe Rob did push it up to it's limits but then brought it back down to 310rwkw.

I was not after a specific number and did not want to be pushing the limits of the little turbo.

Rob did bring it back down to 11psi so that it was running at a safe config.

I know that afew people will say that there is no safe config, which is fair enough, but I rather the 310rwkw than the 330rwkw and have something break down in a few months time.

From what I can gather there limiting factor would be the exhaust and the small snail.

The intake pump was left as is and the PW surge tank was put it. I heeded to your warnings about this and thought that I would be better off safe than sorry.

The valves did not float and so this meant that I could afford to get the surge tank put in. :)

when the next round of mods come along in 3-5 years time, I will have the supporting mods already installed for a new exhaust and snail. :)

Congrats masda you must be happy with the result. How can they get so much more power with only 1psi more boost than stock? Or is that up top when the little turbo is falling away?

Thank Lennox. I am very happy with the result. she just wants to keep climing all the way up the rev range.

From the use of the torque app on my android app, the most I ever saw the boost go up to was 6psi.

Last noite on my private cruise, I saw it hit 12psi. not the turbo bro.

• Like 2

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 27d

Great result, must be happy with that.

I have also never seen more then 7.5 psi in all the data logging I have done on my FG.

Will be interested to see you torque and boost curves if you have them on the dino printouts.

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members

Well it was a challenge to get this scanned in as a jpg file without any pixelation on the image.

I had to visit another division of our company to get this scanned in.

PITA!!!!!!

Now I have no idea if they had already done anything to the car when they did the stock run.

All I know is that the stock run said 10psi. I never ever saw it go over 6psi in the TORQUE application for my android phone.

post-48919-0-02710900-1386163807_thumb.j

Last night when I was out on a cruise it did show up as just a tad under 12psi, so I get the feeling that TORQUE is not telling fibs.

• Like 1

• Will do skids for food
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 5m 14d

Good onya Marko !

It's great to see you finally got your mods done, I know they've been coming for a long time.

Enjoy the power....but not too much :busted1:

• Like 1

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members

Lol, Thanks for that Mate. It has been a while, but I spent more than had been budgeted.

The misses still doesn't know the damage to the bank account as I was not planning to get the surge tank put in.

Well it has been a fun few days with the car. I am loving it. The car just wants to keep on going. It's like a freight train.

Once again a big thanks goes out to the guys at Monsta Toque for all the work they have done.

I forgot I had my dash cam in the car. It was set to only run when the car was on. Pitty cause I only managed to catch some of the dyno runs and the outcome of each run.

It was a fun few hours last night watching through all the vids... ;)

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members

^^^^^ hijack attempt.....

SCT911, give the guys down at Montsa Torque a call and speak to them about it. You may be surprised. ;)

The price is was give, was supplied and fitted.

• Member For: 11y 1m 23d

I'm still astounded they can get that much more power out with only 2psi more boost. Shows you how much more there is to tuning than just cranking the boost up, I thought that was basically all it was

Makes you wonder about all those rice burners with boost controllers and how much they are missing out on

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 25d

Displacement, that's what. They do have revs though...