Fg Xr6T Going In For Mods And Tune Soon.

masda74

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 23d

forgetfulness at old age is not cool. only way to get around it. leave post it notes everywhere.

So the car has been in for a service recently at Monsta torque. 112500km service complete.

Notes on invoice. Need new tires..... :( and need new windscreen wipers.

I was expecting more, but I am glad that was all. Went for RE003 again and Bridgestone had their special on again.

I got in on the last day. I ordered 4 tires for the price of 3. I just can't go wrong. Thanks to Marcel at Bridgstone in Malaga!!

He is a legend for giving me a good price.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members

3 weeks ago, got all four corners with new Shoes. RE003 on every corner again. I just can't go with any other tire.

Since the tire replacement, the the 044 has been getting noisier and noisier by the day.

I am pretty sure that the 044 that came with the process west surge tank is on the way out.

So a decision needs to be made as to what needs to be done.

I have had a suggestion that the process west surge tank be taken out and a 460 be put into the petrol tank.

Another suggestion was to get the newer surge tank from process west with the 460s inside the tank.

Just not sure which way to go on this. Suggestions??

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 27d
5 hours ago, masda74 said:

3 weeks ago, got all four corners with new Shoes. RE003 on every corner again. I just can't go with any other tire.

Since the tire replacement, the the 044 has been getting noisier and noisier by the day.

I am pretty sure that the 044 that came with the process west surge tank is on the way out.

So a decision needs to be made as to what needs to be done.

I have had a suggestion that the process west surge tank be taken out and a 460 be put into the petrol tank.

Another suggestion was to get the newer surge tank from process west with the 460s inside the tank.

Just not sure which way to go on this. Suggestions??

I have 3 x 044.   One has done less than 2000ks and was intank so didn't get real hot.  

Pm me for a deal.  

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 2m 11d

On the topic of 044's, what sort of volume do they make before they sh*t the bed? Mine are getting pretty loud, they've been pushing e85 for who knows how long so I'd say they're not far off.

I should pull my finger out and search I guess, but you know....lazy

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 23d

They actually start to make unrhythmic humming noises like what a 044 does on a hot day after running for a long time but nearly all the time 

they definitely increase in noise volume in general though 

• Like 1

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members

Yep, exactly as Jet has said. the so called noise they make when it is a hot day is what I am getting all the time. 

It has been getting louder and louder. The issue is that this is my daily driver and I am not sure I want to wait for the 044 to fail.

Do keep in mind that I do have one of the old Process west surge tanks, where the pump is on the outside.

I take it that it might not be worth my while to get the newer surge tanks?