Fg Xr6T Going In For Mods And Tune Soon.

masda74

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 27d

Nah mate, has to be a dud relay or something not calling for the comp to run.
Mine has started to do the same thing but it only seems to be after its sat for a week, if it's driven daily it's fine and always works the second time of it doesn't the first.

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 27d

Thanks for the pointer. mine is a daily. gets driver Monday to Friday and sometimes on Saturday/Sunday.

Might have to take it in for a service at 112500 and get Rob to have a look at it then.

If you think it is a relay, then I take it that it would be a relay in the engine bay with the rest of the fuses?

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 11y

Funnily enough, I know of 3 FG's that as the batteries were failing, the AC would stop working. New battery and suddenly perfectly working ac.

Seems system voltage would drop too low on cranking and the computer wouldn't allow the ac to switch on. 

This happened to my ute and two non turbo sedans.

If you daily runs are too short you can run your battery down. Maybe the new unit needs a good charge if it was never fully charged to begin with?

• Like 1

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 27d

I should have replied earlier.
Mine turned to be the ac relay was cooked but it could have been caused by the battery which was in average condition at the time.

Fg's are getting on 10 years now so I guess these kind of issues will start popping up.

• Like 1

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 27d
18 hours ago, Breeny said:

Funnily enough, I know of 3 FG's that as the batteries were failing, the AC would stop working. New battery and suddenly perfectly working ac.

Seems system voltage would drop too low on cranking and the computer wouldn't allow the ac to switch on. 

This happened to my ute and two non turbo sedans.

If you daily runs are too short you can run your battery down. Maybe the new unit needs a good charge if it was never fully charged to begin with?

So I replaced the battery early/mid march. all been working fine since. I thought my trips were to short to work as they are only 20-30 mins depending on traffic.

I even topped up the distilled water and left the car on a trickle charger over the weekend. Monday had no issues starting. Tuesday no issues starting until I went to pickup my kids at school. I was left stranded with the car not wanting to crank over at all.

Damn embarrassing especially with a Ford. Had to let the car roll back down the hill backwards and then kick start it in reverse.

Clutch did not like me at all, but she phucken started. I was fuming and Drove off quietly. I was so tempted to do one huge burnout to try and charge it in 30 seconds.

I went and bought a new battery that arvo.

No it is not because it is a ford, it is because it is a Century battery. Price for these damn things have gone up over the years. I remember buy the first one at $169 and thought it was a bargain. Now they are at $235 clams.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d
24 minutes ago, masda74 said:

Had to let the car roll back down the hill backwards and then kick start it in reverse.

Lol at least a manual is good for something hey?! :stirthepot:

#tractorlyf

• Haha 1

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

I’ve removed over 30 century battery’s from falcons and cleared faults,DSC issues,A/C issues,idle issues and starting issues 

My local Century rep that comes through the spare parts store finally has believed me the falcon doesn’t like his battery’s 

I know you'll all be thinking a battery is a battery but century go about their lead plating process differently that other battery companies do and this causes issues on the falcon platform 

I’ve had some decent skeptics turn their nose up on this but take my word for it a Supercheap brand battery will out go a Century and have least issues on a falcon specifically ! 

I NEVER use a Century battery ever after coming to this conclusion

true story is true 

• Like 5

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

I’ll take that lol 😂 

its just one of those areas to nail perfection anyway I can but others have worked this out also years and years ago