Any Sct Guru's Here?

Point7nuffsaid

• Member For: 10y 6m 20d

Guys I got a XR6T FG with a GTX, 4" Exhaust, 1000cc injectors, plazzy stage 3 cooler, 4" intake and crap which I have all installed myself, but I have one small problem ...

It seems the normal duty cycle for a small injector is a sh*t ton of fuel through the 1000, making it run like hell and virtually undrivable.

Is it possible to pull some duty out of the injectors to be able to make this drive to the tuners? Im only going to be babying the throttle and do my best not to make it spool, but the fuel is out of control haha.

Whats your thoughts guys?

(yes ive thought about a trailer but its a 400km drive)

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 18d

Then remove the id 1000's and get some super glue and cover 5/8ths of the tip but wait at least 42 seconds for it to dry then, use a vacuum pump to "suck down" the inlet manifold and suck the injector back in

After you have done that grab 400ml of air compressor oil and a coat hanger , place them into the far "inverted" section of the boot spaced exactly 233mm apart on a 47.86 degree angle from the no6 injectors reversed 2nd clip

Start car but must have throttle at 99% when cranking over followed by pressing the rear demist button x3 times in 0.5 sec gaps

Once car starts hold throttle at WOT or 99% what ever you prefer for exactly 16.7898 seconds , during this time flick the auto selector between P/R/N/D x3 times but dont grip the shifter to tightly !!

Once u hear a small "click" sound repeat the steps again after compressor oil and this will scale the injector D/C to 19.567843%

Ps get piks and vids

Cheers

( edit : made a spelling mistake sorry )

Edited by JETURBO
  • Like 2

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 24d

So car was stock and you did all those changes and now need to get it to a shop to get a tune put in?

I'm tipping that the trailer is the best bet here - even just one of those mods (after the intake side of things) would need a tune before the car was driven.

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 27d

^^^ TOADS and Wiggum know their chit!

Your tuner should be able to help you out with a "mail order" tune to get you to the shop.