Leaking Coolant

coolfgxr6t

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 10y 7m 20d

So...along the same lines as all the above. Coolant level drops over a few days. No over heating, in fact sits slightly under half. Good power and no puddles under the car I can see (even had a drip tray under there for a time)

No dodgy smell with the heater and the heater blows well.

Does the amount of the use of aircon use the water?

Topped it back up with some glycol and water to max cold line. Today checked it when the wife came home. It was normal op temp and the line had dropped slightly. Checked just now, 3 hours after last been run and its back down to cold min line. Bottom hose same temp as line from header tank but hose to thermo is still quite warm.

Squeeze the lines and theres water there.

Checked for leaks again around hose ends, under tank and nothing.

Oil still looks good. No cloudy white, in fact still quite golden.

• Member For: 10y 7m 20d

I see. I might wait and see. When I run it before, when it was warm the coolant level came back up. I noticed as it cooled down again the level dropped.

Unsure on these things what normal is but youd think cold max would be the level it would sit at cold if youve filled it up to that point cold.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 3m 21d

so there is no leaking around the overflow cap or res at all???if you have given it a good look over and cant find a leak anywere then it could be boiling it off somewhere before it hits the ground...