Fpv Finished

bunna

• www.australianflag.org.au
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 2d

Oh none of these things will happen. Ford Aus will die and vanish with barely a whimper.

f*ck you Ford Aus, zero concern about enthusiast that support your product.

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 28d

My predictions are there is going to be no further development to current engine lineup. Engines will carry over to the updated falcon as in their current spec.

I suspect that we may get an XR6T with the current FPV F6 310kw engine. If we are lucky Ford will offer the the 335kw V8 in the new XR8.

I hope that they offer a "Redline" equivalent spec with Brembo brakes, better ruber, etc to match the extra go.

I suspect that the updated Falcon will be few minor cosmetic changes, some new wheels and updated interior with some new tech features that are about 5 years too late.

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 9m 18d

Things I'd like to see,

A turbo xr8 that everyone has been talking about on facebook

A GT-HO ph5

Final run of the F6 range (inc a ute)

and this thing v v v Go on ford, I dare you, I double dare you

Oh, and a new cobra

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 4m

My predictions are there is going to be no further development to current engine lineup. Engines will carry over to the updated falcon as in their current spec.

I suspect that we may get an XR6T with the current FPV F6 310kw engine. If we are lucky Ford will offer the the 335kw V8 in the new XR8.

I hope that they offer a "Redline" equivalent spec with Brembo brakes, better ruber, etc to match the extra go.

I suspect that the updated Falcon will be few minor cosmetic changes, some new wheels and updated interior with some new tech features that are about 5 years too late.

I read a little while ago a statement from Ford that the new one will be very similar exterior wise but will include a host of new tech inside, basically the MyFord Link system thing from the US. It actually sounded like a pretty good upgrade, inside tech wise.

Also, I agree about the motor and Brembo stuff. It will quite likely be offered as upgrade options, even just to get rid of spare parts and because they can charge a much larger margin on extras than as a bundle. Think about it, an XR6T retail is $50k and an F6 is $60k retail but as individual upgrades they could probably end up with an "XR6T with F6 Upgrades" that ends up costing $65k if you opted for every single upgrade.

$6k for engine

$4.5k for Brembo's

$1k for wider wheels

etc, etc.

If they offer a G6ET with the F6 motor, I think I'll be forced to upgrade in 2016, lol.

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 28d

If Ford try and sell a new XR6T for $50K plus they might as well shut shop now because they wont sell any.

Expensive Daewoo can't move VF SS Commodores for $42k drive-away.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 17d

Ford have grossly and utterly insulted its loyal customer base with its inept management of the phase out of the Falcon IMHO.

They have comprehensively failed to grasp the fact that Falcon is, and has been part of, so many peoples lives not just as a car but a lifestyle icon. I wish Ford well but I have moved on from FPV, they will never get any of my hard earned money ever again. I have sold my my FPV F6 and now enjoy a different brands' dedication to its customers. I enjoyed the FPV immensely , good times but now only memories.

How could they get it so wrong? Ford will languish at number six or seven in sales volume for many years to come, sadly. Our local Ford Dealer now sells Great Wall utes in place of solid Australian made products.....how many Great Wall utes will incite the same passions as '67 GT? in 46 years time? FMD!

• Like 3

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 11m 25d

I understand what you're saying but the reality is the large sedan market isn't what it used to be. How many people drove SUVs and 4x4s back in the 1960s? People can't afford to run or insure these cars and LPG is not the cheap alternative it was 20 years ago. Companies buying fleet cars turned to 4 cylinder Camrys and VW Golfs years ago. Families have turned to smaller sedans and SUVs. Take a look at how well the Ford Territory and the Ranger have done while Falcon sales have dwindled.

IMHO the BF mkII was the last Falcon that Ford designed that did well. They were happy just going through the motions with the FG. It was a better car in all respects but there wasn't the same love there from Ford marketing. They already knew what was coming.

Edited by _Velocity_
  • Like 1