New Precision Bolt-On Turbo

2rismo

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 11m 14d

with mine being a manual I really don't want to lose any response/power down low and you've done very similar to what I plan on doing (standard cat back)

don't wanna but in too much but being a manual have you considered the gtx3576? or billet wheeling the standard turbo?

my mate has a modded manual T and you definitely feel the bigger turbo (gtx3582r) way too much for my liking.

not sure with the precision though as I still haven't been for a ride in one yet

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 11m 14d

Oh man don't start me haha

Nah doesn't matter where you Find Em whether if be a turbo shop or kinugawa it's a good upgrade for those on a budget

And plus I ain't complaining about 440rwkw from my 3540 :)

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 2m 24d

Noice. Did you get a 98 tune as well? Mine goes in on Thursday...A little bit toey

What's happing Thursday , cat back exhaust and re tune ??

awesome stuff luke im sure ill see you out and about

awesome power from low boost

any reason why you didnt really wind it in?

Joe said that the standard cat back exhaust was at its limit , so im guessing that by running more boost it wouldn't achieve much until I upgrade the exhaust.

• Like 1

would love to go for a ride in it one day to gauge how it is in the low end, with mine being a manual I really don't want to lose any response/power down low and you've done very similar to what I plan on doing (standard cat back)

Yeah its hard to say what it would be like on a manual car . I've never driven a manual xr6t so im not sure how they are geared and if you would lose much down low.

Id be happy to take you for a drive but I live a couple of hours north of Sydney.

Yeah but you gotta love how quiet it is

Is the biggest exhaust something your going to go after?

Yeah I love the standard cat back exhaust, so quiet when just driving around normally and when I accelerate the only thing I can hear is the turbo side intake.

I really want more power so I will probably upgrade the exhaust in the future. Needs more pull in 3rd and 4th . I've had a couple of road bikes in the past and I guess im kind of looking for that kind of acceleration and at the moment the car doesn't come close.

• Member For: 12y 2m 24d

What's happing Thursday , cat back exhaust and re tune ??

Joe said that the standard cat back exhaust was at its limit , so im guessing that by running more boost it wouldn't achieve much until I upgrade the exhaust.

Yep. 4 inch SS catback, valve springs and retune
  • Like 2