New Precision Bolt-On Turbo

2rismo

• Member For: 17y 10m 1d

the precision comes set up for B series so it needs to be rotated to fit F series, not a big deal but can add a little time.

The supplied actuator does not fit at all when configured as F series, but saying that, I have not had a supplied actuator on any turbo that I would use without modifying it to work correctly.

Actuator arms normally need to be modified to work correctly

The rear housing needs to be ported but most car owners already have this done but depending on boost levels required, many are not good enough to control lower boost settings.

Most turbo manufacturers normally require a new turbo line to be fitted to cover warranty

A 4" inlet hose is required

A 2.5" outlet hose is required

Not a problem on the precision, but the GTX requires the front cover drilled and tapped for a boost reference nipple

Obviously the tune needs to be adjusted

• Like 1

• Menace
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 11m 7d

Mines just gotten an oily film on the intake, pulled the hot side pipe off and found more oil. Can't see that well due to potato pic but can just make out the oil on top of the pipe there..

y4uteba6.jpg

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 15d

Got away with with dump pipe, no mods just cut 20mm out of the cat so all good. Could be just my dump that hits the block,it's one of those sh*t advance things. I think other brands will be no problem but will still need 20mm cut off a straight section of pipe somewhere but I chose the cat.

• miso xr6
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 3m 19d

Got away with with dump pipe, no mods just cut 20mm out of the cat so all good. Could be just my dump that hits the block,it's one of those sh*t advance things. I think other brands will be no problem but will still need 20mm cut off a straight section of pipe somewhere but I chose the cat.

Got it sorted hey, good on ya mark, cant wait to see your beast spooling with this new turbo.

• Waiting for the 1st N/A 12!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 17d

the precision comes set up for B series so it needs to be rotated to fit F series, not a big deal but can add a little time.

The supplied actuator does not fit at all when configured as F series, but saying that, I have not had a supplied actuator on any turbo that I would use without modifying it to work correctly.

Actuator arms normally need to be modified to work correctly

The rear housing needs to be ported but most car owners already have this done but depending on boost levels required, many are not good enough to control lower boost settings.

Most turbo manufacturers normally require a new turbo line to be fitted to cover warranty

A 4" inlet hose is required

A 2.5" outlet hose is required

Not a problem on the precision, but the GTX requires the front cover drilled and tapped for a boost reference nipple

Obviously the tune needs to be adjusted

What's F series Mick?

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 2m 3d

Picked my car up from cms on Saturday. (FG xr6t)

Valve springs

Pw turbo side intake

Precision 6235

Pw stage one stepped cooler

4 inch dump and standard cat back exhaust

Made just over 400kw on 17psi on E85. Obviously the standard cat back exhaust is holding it back but while cruising at lite throttle the car is not really any louder than standard. Really impressed with the amount of traction available , even with the cold weather today I was able to roll on full throttle in second with minimal wheelspin.

Edited by LU82
  • Like 4