New Precision Bolt-On Turbo

2rismo

• Member For: 10y 9m 5d

Id like anywhere 450rwkw plus. Street car no track work. Dont want really want to be on boost all the time. that's why housing size is a concern!! Fact is I already have this turbo so if I could use it...great. If its too small and it can be swapped over easy enough....great!!

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 16d

Ok I’ve tuned only a few 6466’s and I found a really nice place was the Genuine Precision 1.07 rear housing with IWG

The vehicle in question was a hi stall converter BTR though so it was up on boost instantly and I mean instantly !! 

But without flaring the converter it was less laggy than a typical GT3582 and probably on par with a GT3576 spool wise with heaps more head room obviously 

“I” found it a great combo but I was biased due to liking converter cars anyway 

this was it on the dyno and on this day it made 400+ rwkw on E85 but we had other issues to address so tuning finished up before final results 

XFT see 500rwkw plus with 6466’s 

video to show aggressiveness ;) 

Edited by JETURBO
  • Like 1

• Member For: 10y 6m 17d

If your going to run a t4 housing a .84 is plenty for 450kw. You can’t compare at t3 housing with a t4. A 6466 is basically a t04z which have been used for years with .84 housings making that power on 4l engines. I’ve used a t4 .84 divided housing with a 6266 made 480rwkw on 22psi but it was a 6boost highmount so not same same.

Like jet said either a 1.06 Iwg precision housing which will be expensive or make a external gate off the housing and run an adapter.

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 16d

If you want better than rrp prices on Precision gear I can help forum members out, just buzz me a PM and I’ll see what I can do for you :)