New Precision Bolt-On Turbo

2rismo

• Idiot Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 28d

Sorry Turboboinc, im discrediting that earlier spool of pte vs gtx. There is more to it than that. Look at your first graphs, 98 vs e85. 98 max boost before 2960 vith e85 slow rise to max boost near 5000. Same turbo different fuels. E85 is supposed to spool quicker because of higher cylinder pressures. I feel its all in the tuning. Also graph rises like a v8 whereas a hash graph goes up then across like a table.

I think thier is more variables in tuning/other parts that can make a bigger difference than between these two turbos.

• Like 1

• Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned.
  • Member For: 17y 21d

My car is actually at 19psi on the e85 tune, there was a bit of trouble controlling the boost as my port job wasnt ideal (rapidsystems ftw...) darren fixed it up a little so there's that, but at the end of the day I dont wanna make excuses or go on about whats better what sucks and blah blah cause knowone wins. My arse tells me theres much more response where there wasn't before (yea im still on e85 so it aint fair etc) and at the end of the day I only have my tuner who tunes my car to go by, and hes managed to get a better result on 98 verses the 2 turbos, might be different in another workshop - CMSJoe seems pretty impressed by em though :P

• Idiot Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 28d

Im not saying one is better. Just the statement its 1200rpm quicker to full boost. Which it is by your graphs yes. that's more of a tune thing. T51r would be that much slower.

Edited by RynoF6

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 10d

Personally I think it's just all a load of hype. The PTE 6235 is merely a 62mm billet compressor on a Garrett 3582r turbine. HTA have been throwing billet wheels on these Garrett's for years!!! How many people on here have actually tested a HTA3582r or HTA3586r on a XR6T?!

• Like 3

• RNS10S
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 2d

Spiro had another play last night and we ended up with 475 on e-flex.

Added a bit more boost down low but left it at 22 up top.

This turbo on a built motor should sh*t in 500 with United e85.

Will now start buying rods, pistons, pump gears and head studs as I feel we are now pushing the limits of the factory motor.

• Like 6

• Member For: 19y 3m 2d

Spiro had another play last night and we ended up with 475 on e-flex.

Added a bit more boost down low but left it at 22 up top.

This turbo on a built motor should sh*t in 500 with United e85.

Will now start buying rods, pistons, pump gears and head studs as I feel we are now pushing the limits of the factory motor.

how is it does it drive compared to the standard turbo?