New Precision Bolt-On Turbo

2rismo

• Member For: 17y 10m 13d

Just saw this on the Rotormaster Facebook page. From the sounds of it you use your existing rear housing and exhaust manifold and slot this into it.

Anyone used one yet or are they just too new?Seems to be a 62/68 but ready to bolt onto your existing gear.

Link: http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Press-Release--Bolt-On-Turbo-Upgrade-For-Ford-XR6-Turbo-Released.html?soid=1105618466974&aid=N04nGaqYHZs

• Like 1

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

Yeh but ceramic bearings are not flash with a few precision cores already turning to pooh with not much work

*better options available

• Like 2

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 21d

Yeh but ceramic bearings are not flash with a few precision cores already turning to pooh with not much work

*better options available

This is a different core to the 6466 / 6766 etc. You will notice the 6235 is water cooled.

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 21d

:stupid: Looking at the results on the strip I wouldn't be too concerned using Precision Turbos - a customer of mine has been using them for quite a while and now has a world record using their turbo...

/\/\/\ It runs 50psi...

• Like 1

• Member For: 18y 1m 15d

Impressive.

I think the key thing is ensuring the turbo you make to bolt on to a taxi like our cars is to ensure it will last 100 000ks as most of the time these things get driven further than a 1/4mile at a time.

Keeb as to see how these go. We are all spoiled for choice these days with GTX/MTA/B org Warner and Precsion options (and im sure there are others im not familiar with)

• Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned.
  • Member For: 17y

From what I've been told precision have a more responsive gtx like turbo that is making slightly better numbers on pump 98