Fg G6E Turbo Motor Into Ba Xr6T With 4 Speed Transmission, Ecu Issues?

horze

• Member For: 12y 1m 27d

Hey guys, got a bit of query for you experts.

A mate of mine has purchased a G6E turbo motor without a transmission, We are looking at putting it into his ba xr6t.

Now we have heard of people doing this and using the ba intake system. and also using the 6 speed transmission.

In our case we would be keeping the 4 speed auto and be wanting to use the fg motor with the fg intake and exhaust manifold system.

Im finding very little information on the forums, and was wondering if anyone has attempted this or heard of guys doing and whatever info you guys have.

I am aware the fg sump will have to be changed to a ba sump because of the k frame is different, and also the engine mount.

Mechanical side we are pretty alright. Its the elctronic side we are unsure about.

We are unsure, do we run a ba ecu or a fg ecu. Does the ecu talk to the transmission?

If I go fg ecu, is the 4 speed tranny not going to communicate. If I go ba ecu am I gonna lack in power cause ba ecu is programmed for a less kw motor.

Thanks in advance for your help guys.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 4m 7d

Be good to hear how well this turns out with the fg tune in the ba with the 4speed auto.

Should turn out well.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 4m 7d

Yeah but I think you still used the ba/bf intake and the bigger turbo but the op is using all fg gear except the zf and will probably use a fg style tune in the ba ecu.

• Member For: 12y 1m 27d

Yeah but I think you still used the ba/bf intake and the bigger turbo but the op is using all fg gear except the zf and will probably use a fg style tune in the ba ecu.

spot on

I did read the thread fg long

motor into bf before I posted this one

and being u used the ba intake makes a total different kettle of fish and also being its manual

but thanks in advance

I think we are going to be doing it soon ..so I will let you guys know how it goes

might take some photos aswell