The Great Golf Thread..

Never had any say Panda

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 18d

I've played Capricorn International, both courses..

Played Barcaldine dirt golf (Every ball off a tee and sand greens)..

I think Pelican waters is one of my favourite courses I've played but I'm really keen to head down to Brookwater near Brisbane.. I keep hearing really good things..

However I haven't played on any really awesome golf courses because I usually play near where I am working.. And when I work 800km west of the Great dividing range.. She's a bit limited..

• I <3 Floods

Picked this bugger up this arvie..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Did a bucket of balls at the range.. Gonna take some adapting to from my current clubs.

• I <3 Floods

Anyway.. It's a good club.. Never used a stuff shaft driver before.. So I'm not getting much lift off a 10.5* face..

Still first bounce is after 150m and it doesn't look like it's going much above eye level.. So once I get the swing sorted I'll be interested to see how it goes..

Also haven't played off a real tee yet. Just the AstroTurf mats at the driving range..

• I <3 Floods

Advice at the club fitting..

My current driver is 10.5* but flexy shaft..

I reckon this one has some awesome distance in it once I get it to lift a bit more.. But I need to try it tee'd up properly.. Playing off the short rubber tees on the astro turf I was connecting pretty low on the club face..

• I <3 Floods

Anyway..

About to head back to do the back 9 after a few hours break..

Played 33 on the front which was on par.. Still haven't got the new driver getting any lift.. Still it's making 200m drives fairly easy and not getting too far above ground level..

Iron game as been spectacular.. Been managing approach shots which have resulted in one putts.. Compared to my normal 2-3 putt..

Poor bloke I am playing with nailed a tree attempting a rather long play out of the rough with a fairway wood.. He got out of the road in time but the ball went back about 50m behind him...

I did one shocking drive where I ended in a small clearing in the middle of some dense trees so I decided to go all or nothing on the 60* wedge and somehow managed to get up and over it all and put myself just off the green.. (Just shy of a 100m shot).

Consistency remains a problem.. More practice is needed..

No balls lost so far makes me even happier..

• I <3 Floods

Lessons learnt.. Don't have a nap between the front 9 and the back 9..

Wear sunscreen when walking 18 holes..

Invent a beer holder that utilises a gyroscope type thing to avoid tipping your beer when using a two wheel push buggy..

Gotta play two more comp rounds to get a handicap though.. So playing off scratch gave me a pretty poor placing over all..

Fairly consistent back 7.. Averaged par across 7 holes.. We just won't talk about the 8 on the par 3.. Or the 9 on the par 5..

• Like 1