Tc Warning Light After Zf Service, No Obd2 Faults? Wtf?

FiftyOne

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 9m 23d

Serviced the ute today & F ME! the oil that was in that thing was f*ckED! completely shot, non service my ass!

Anyways, nice clean fresh fluid & a filter later the thing drives beaut. One minor issue, I have a TC light illuminated but no DTC's recorded?? Never had an issue with the light the first 2 times the car was driven but with it showing up, I'm a little wary. First time I noticed the light I turned the car on & off and it fixed it. Second time it was started it stayed off as well. Third time it came on & I drove it home. Thing is, I have this cheapy OBD2 recorder unit from ebay which is fantastic, I'd left it in the port & drove it. I'm wondering if that COULD have been the issue. Other thing is if there is some sort error code I'm not seeing ?

To top that off can someone confirm the fill procedure for me? I was under the assumption that you;

top it up till it runs out the hole > start > run through gears > top up till dripping again > once hot put in park & shut off > reapply plug

However, when I did this as soon as the engine was off oil was PISSING out at quite a rate making me think I've over filled so is the procedure the following instead?

top it up till it runs out the hole > start > run through gears > once hot put in park & shut off > reapply plug

Any answers would be awesome, thanks guys

• Member For: 10y 5m 24d

Just 2 things.

First you put the plug back in with the engine running on the 6 speeds. Unlike the old 4 speeds.

Secondly you dont check the level when hot. Its ment to be between 32-45 degrees roughly

• Like 1