G6Et 2010 50Th Anniversary Or G6Et 2012 Mkii

MercuryXr6Turbo

• Member For: 15y 6m 27d

Hey guys,

In the market for a new car, it's gonna be a G6ET but weighing up whether to go a MKI or MKII as stated above. Reason I mention the 50th Anniversary model is due to the standard GPS, which I know isn't a big deal but with my job I will get good use out of it and I just want it I guess.

So I'm planning to go view an example of both the MKI and MKII of the above but first for people that own them or even better have owned both if you could give me some pro's and con's of both from your experiences that would be great.

For example on the 50th Ann, how easy is it to use the GPS without a touchscreen?

Cash wise, low $30's for a low km 50th Ann or around $40k for a MKII, so is the MKII worth the extra $$$? I've got used to the front now on the MKII and like it, colour wise considering silhouette. (Comments too on owning a black car are welcome :-) )

Any comments, things to look for when test driving etc would be great, more the better..

Thanks all,

Richard

• Member For: 11y 3m 7d

The touchscreen in the MK2 models can be painfully slow.

Be sure to thoroughly test the model your buying. The SatNav in the MK1's is ok. Using the remote takes some getting used too. It's not quick by any means.

I take it you would be after the shadow leather since your looking at the 50 Ann models. If your after Cashmere - you'll have to get a MK2 or a non 50 Ann MK1.

Biggest difference for me is colour choices and I'd much prefer foglights over some glowsticks. The projector headlights are good - but not great. The ICC in the MK2 has USB and the bluetooth is easier to use (when it wants to work and pair with your phone)

The bluetooth in my MK1 hasn't failed yet - but my MK2 is constantly having issues, even with the ICC firmware upgrade.

The multi function display in the cluster is also better in the MK1 models. (especially with cruise control)

• Expert
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 29d

interesting!!

Everyone has different views on each MKI or MKII and the end of the day its what you want and how much you want to spend.

So in saying that its a MKII for me and can not fault the car.

• Too heavy needs boost
  • Member For: 10y 8m 19d

Go the 50 the mk2 g6et front end bumper looks sh!t. Looks like a nerd with the biggest set of bracers on. Not good. Go the mk1 there mad and 10's g's less. What's the difference a popped grill and a slow touch screen. If ya can get a mk1 at a good price with not to bad kms go for it :D

Edited by BiZkets

• Member For: 20y 7m 9d

I would spend that little bit extra and purchase the MKII.

The front end takes some getting used to, but eventually I found it grows on you.

Also, if factory warranty is a selling point to you, the MKII will still have a significant balance of the 3 Year warranty remaining whereas the 50th Anniversary G6ET would be nearing the end or finished their warranty.

GPS is far easier to navigate with the touch screen.

• Member For: 15y 6m 27d

As good as black looks it never stays clean. Lightning Strike ftw.

Yeah I know it's gonna be more work, having mercury silver currently is real easy to maintain, never looks dirty! But keen for a change so looking for a change.

The touchscreen in the MK2 models can be painfully slow.

Be sure to thoroughly test the model your buying. The SatNav in the MK1's is ok. Using the remote takes some getting used too. It's not quick by any means.

I take it you would be after the shadow leather since your looking at the 50 Ann models. If your after Cashmere - you'll have to get a MK2 or a non 50 Ann MK1.

Biggest difference for me is colour choices and I'd much prefer foglights over some glowsticks. The projector headlights are good - but not great. The ICC in the MK2 has USB and the bluetooth is easier to use (when it wants to work and pair with your phone)

The bluetooth in my MK1 hasn't failed yet - but my MK2 is constantly having issues, even with the ICC firmware upgrade.

The multi function display in the cluster is also better in the MK1 models. (especially with cruise control)

Really appreciate the comments, very helpful and as you own both its a good recommendation. I've got young kids so dark interior is the go as easier to care for. From your comments the MK1 and MK11 both have their advantages / disadvantages. I do like the idea of touchscreen so think the best idea is to test both. I will be looking out for Bluetooth glitches!!!

interesting!!

Everyone has different views on each MKI or MKII and the end of the day its what you want and how much you want to spend.

So in saying that its a MKII for me and can not fault the car.

Glad to hear your car has no faults, reassuring I might find a good one :-)

Go the 50 the mk2 g6et front end bumper looks sh!t. Looks like a nerd with the biggest set of bracers on. Not good. Go the mk1 there mad and 10's g's less. What's the difference a popped grill and a slow touch screen. If ya can get a mk1 at a good price with not to bad kms go for it :D

Cheers, yes the price saving is my biggest consideration... as it will be close to 10 g. Would be blacking out the grill on the MKII :-)

I would spend that little bit extra and purchase the MKII.

The front end takes some getting used to, but eventually I found it grows on you.

Also, if factory warranty is a selling point to you, the MKII will still have a significant balance of the 3 Year warranty remaining whereas the 50th Anniversary G6ET would be nearing the end or finished their warranty.

GPS is far easier to navigate with the touch screen.

Warranty is a very good point. Depending on how much price difference it ends up being between the two, the other deciding factors will be the usability of the screens and warranty. I really do like the idea of touchscreen, slow response would be frustrating.

Now I have a few tips gonna head out to some dealerships.

Cheers guys

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 10d

the factory 19s are a sweet looking rim that would be a bonus if you got either model with them rims on it